CD-rom empty in my computer, dvd always not accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookacow63

Hey,
This has got me. I've been having problems with these drives ever since i installed SP2...gah! I place a cd in the cd-r(plexwriter) and the cd shows up beside the mouse, my computer changes from showing a cd-r to cd drive, and it comes up as 0 bytes free 0 bytes used. In the dvd-rom(sony) it always comes up as 'not accessible' in device manager i've disabled and re-enabled; uninstalled and re-installed and same problem. I ran a disk check by sony on the cd-r and it wrote and read fine; no problems. in device manager the locations are shown as 0(0) and 1(1) the same as my two hard drives? how does that work? do i need to open her up and change around my drive placements?

Help!

you shouldn't need to open up your machine for this one. i have dealt with similar problems in the past and found them to be caused by driver corruption. the solution was to reformat, but if i was you i'd try uninstalling sp2 first. perhaps you shold try getting the latest firmware and device drivers loaded before resorting to a reformat.

start>control panel>add or remove programs
find 'windows xp service pack 2' on the list and click remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back