CD-ROM not working

By Roys1
Nov 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. My CD ROM Drive is not recognized when a disc is inserted. I have tried Microsoft Fix It, Uninstalled the driver and rebooted, updated software, other suggested fixes except the deleting of filters because I fear the risks that are warned of. Can anyone help me fix this problem. I am using an HP Pavilion G60 with Vista operating system. Thankyou
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

First, check if you can boot from a bootable CD/DVD. If you can't it's a hardware problem. Let us know
  3. Roys1

Roys1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thankyou for the response. I took my lap top to a PC repair shop and they deleted a foriegn filter that they said was installed by some other device that burns CDs. The only thing that I have along that line is iTunes for my iPad. My CD works fine now but I get an error message when I boot up iTunes that I will not be able to burn CDs from that source. I have sent an email to Apple support to request a suggestion as to how to get around this problem. In the meantime I can't update iTunes software as it will automaticly install its filters again that will disable my CD drive. When I get a response I will swing back here and update the post.
    Cheers

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.