CD-ROM read error

Status
Not open for further replies.

_K-I_

Whenever I insert a software disc nothing happens. I have a Samsung TS-H492A CD-RW DVD drive and I really need some help.

We need some more info from you here.

When did it start happening? Suddenly?

Is this a newly installed CD drive? You say when you install "software" disks, nothing happens. Do music CDs work?

When you insert A CD, can you see the light on the front of the drive flashing at all?

What version of windows are you running? If XP, go into your device manager and tell us what it is saying for your CD drives there. Does it say it is functioning normally, or is there a yellow/red warning symbol?

Sorry for all the questions. There could be a number of causes for what you describe, and as we can not physically take a look at your computer, we need you to be the eyes.

System

It started to happen ever since I tried to insert a disc (such as games & stuff like that).

The CD drive came with the computer. And no Audio cds dont work either.

When i insert a cd I can see the light flashing. It flashes for a minute or two then stops flashing.

I am running Windows XP and when I enter device manager it says the device is working properly.

Do you ever get any error messages? If so, what do they say?

When you look in "my computer", does the CD rom show up in there?

Cd-rom

DonNagual said:
Do you ever get any error messages? If so, what do they say?

When you look in "my computer", does the CD rom show up in there?

No i never get any error messages.

When I insert the disc it seems as if it doesn't read the disc because it shows up as there is nothing in the disc drive.

Hmm. See what some others say, but it sounds like a possible dead CD drive.

What would I do if it were me, you ask? ;)

1. By a lens cleaner and give that a shot.
2. Uninstall the CD rom drivers from the device manager, and reboot. Let windows reinstall the drivers and see if that fixes me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back