CD ROm trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a wee problem. When I load a CD ROM containing a program onto the computer, it should spin up immediately and load, right? Well not at the moment. It spins briefly, then nothing. Doesn't matter which of the two drives I use either. Points of note. Doesn't see the CD in the directory, and keeps asking me to enter one, and, it used to boot up if I rebooted the whole computer. Not this time. Incidentally, the CD ROM I'm trying to run and install is the one that's just come with my shiny new iPOD. Help!

Zooropa
LONDON U.K.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check the ide cable, it may be loose, or damaged, or just plain bad.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Every computers caused this to me after a while, even if the drives were OK. Go in safe mode, delete every CDROM from periphal list, delete every IDE, SATA, etc. controllers, also BusMaster devices. Then, restart the computer. After that, try to see if there aren't any newer chipset drivers.

Also, look if (In PATA controller settings) DMA is activated where there are devices, and if None is selected where there are no devices. You save about 15 seconds boot time and have a faster computer if you do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back