CD-RW Configuration - from slave to single configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

I have an old P3 system that I let my son use for internet browsing, email, etc. It has been rock solid for 6+ years until lately and I think the issue of not booting properly is that the master CD-ROM gave up the ghost. And so I took that out hoping that is all it will take.

Here is my question (and I feel so much like a noob; I did try to google but I got nothing): Where do I place the tab to take it from slave to single configuration? As slave the tab was placed on the far left in the verticle position. Am I correct in that to make it singular I need to place it horizontally on the bottom two prongs center-right?

I hope I am making myself clear. This is an old system and it has been years since setting it up and I don't have my manuals anywhere. I couldn't even access Buslink's website.

Thanks for your help.

The jumper will fit on the pins, based on what is imprinted or embossed on the drive. It is usually very difficult to see... but if you use a flashlight or other device you can place at different angles, you can see how the jumper choices are stamped into the metal. Most often the center two are Slave, the right is Master, and the left is Cable Select.
I suggest you jumper it as master.
If it is a known brand, you can find a drawing on the website of the optical drive manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back