Cd - rw / dvd error

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok

ive seen this posted els were in thr forum but lost the post.
long story short my cd - rw / dvd rom reads cd's cdrw's and dvd's no problem.

when im trying to burn a cd recordable ( its bran new blank ) it gets up to a stage then reports an error. ( im using nero 6 and i also tried windows standard writter in xp home )

write error
could not preform end track
burn process failed

my laptop is a fujitsu siemens AMILO L 7300

i have pasted a detailed log from nero6 on my last attempt.

if anyone has any ideas please feel free to help me out.

i dont think this is a hardware problem otherwise it wouldnt read the discs ? or am i wrong ???

1A20-030E-0300-1349-1215-9547

forgot to add

ive also reinstalled windows xp.

so im not too sure ifthe correct crivers are installed ? i have used the driver cd that came with the laptop so i can not see any problem in that area ?

is a cdrom under warrenty ?? still in warrenty period

please post replys as soon as

dropped the speed

ok ive tried that i dropped the speed as low as 2x and same problem ??
im going to check the driver's again and hopefully i will beable to sorte somthing out.
i thought about the brand of cd's im using philips cd-r80 max 52x multi speed , ive used a couple of these before and they worked just fine on the same laptop.

ok i tried dropingthe speed it didnt work
i tried looking for upto date drivers and cant find anything that will work.

i have seen by doing a google search that quiet a few people have problems with the QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242B player.
it dosnthave a manufacturar < standared cd-rom >

is it a hardware fault if it can read cd's dvd's and rw's but can not write to them ???

please let me know im only a few minutes from reinstalling this machine again for the third time. if no one knows what i can do ill have to take it back in as a warrenty problem.

Check for Firmware updates, not driver updates. Optical drives in Windows don't have 'drivers' that can be updated really, they all use generic drivers.

If it's still under warranty i would send it back...possibly they might upgrade you to a better unit at not much cost .

patio. :cool:

Exactly the same problem!

F... It seems to me that I have the EXACT same problem with my drive - it will read both DVD's, CD's and CD-roms, but it won't burn!!! I've tried different CD-roms, tried altering the speed of the burning process, tried to reinstall the driver that came with my laptop. I got the laptop from my brother, who said that the burner used to work, so now I'm all out off ideas...

:-(

I am very interested in hearing how others (thank good, there are others!) with this problem have solved it...? Please reply...!!!

:)

cd dvd won't write

CITIZEN - you have a VIRUS !!!
CD'S and Movies have a virus installed on them,and if you load them on your computer they will disable your burner !
You can not see this file because of increption methouds ( rootkit,Arusky,etc)
will bury itself in with other files.

F-Secure.com is working on mine . Deago

I have this problem too and i already found the solution without removing and reinstalling Nero. also tried to scan my PC for viruses and it's clean.

the solution is to open Nero burning rom\ nero express
go to Advance options
go to expert features
look for Restore button and restart the application

hope this works with you too! Gud luck!

And here's my previous error logs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back