cd to pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

just got my self a new system with cd and dvd writer.

what i am trying to do is copy songs from my cd collection onto my pc so i can select just certain songs to burn and therefore create my perfect cd.

i seem to be having problems getting them from the cd to the hard drive, when i copy them it copies a 1kb file which is just a link. is there some sort of software i need to put them onto my pc?

thanks all

windows media player 10 has all those features built in. it extracts the songs and it enable you to create custom cds. if you need help check back here.

in order to copy audio cds to pc you'll require a program to rip them,like dopefisher said wmp 10 should help you do that easily,there are also plugins in p2p programs that do this but if you want more options while copying you might want to try something like musicmatch jukebox,it has a lot of features- the audio cds are in wav format if you rip them through musicmatch you can choose the bitrate(32-320kbps),output khz and a lot of other features to the final file.

The best (free) MP3 encoder is LAME. It comes bundled with CDEx and you can also get it separate if you like.

I believe the best program to use is dBpowerAMP Music Converter, it comes packed with DMC Audio CD Input and it automatically gives u the track listings and such for your CDs

Just stick to windows

For now I would stick to Windows Media Player 10 that should have shipped with your new system in most cases. Once you get used to the basics try other apps that you will find. It seems you are new to computers so welcome to the world of Geekdom and remember that www.google.com is that best why to find things and I would set this to your homepage in your web browser go to "Tools"/ "Internet Options" and type the webpage into the memory bar. I use the site because it is 1 A trusted site. 2 requires low bandwidth to load. 3 One of, if not the best there is. 4 I yet to see a dead link on this site. 5 When I do a search for something it will not try and sell me more books on the topic then it found websites on it. and 6 All kinds of cool tools to use. If you got a personaly built system and a Soundblaster sound card they come with a real good mp3 player and coder but if you bought a OEM IBM, Dell, Compaq/HP, Aser and so-on then I doubt you would have got this software. :monkey:

Problem transferring from cd to pc

When I copy a cd to the hard drive, some of the songs skip. It does not do it everytime but it does sometimes. I want to burn some cds from my friends but I can't when they skip. The games work fine it the drive and when I download music and burn it, it works just fine. I hope someone can help me.

in media player, go tools > options > devices tab > click on the cd drive you use to burn cd's > click properties > it should bring you right to the audio tab > click on error correction for both boxes (playback and recording).

also, if the cd's are scratched, this will happen. make sure clean the cd's thoroughly before you burn them.

Use a proper CD ripping program like EAC or CDEx. And don't rip the CDs at full speed. Try 8x or lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back