CDrom not detected in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have old computer Compaq Deskpro PII 450 Mhz with integrated sound card Ess Audiodrive (not working), and CDrom (working). After I plug in PnP Sound Card ess1868 i finally got sound but I lost CDrom. Bios cannot detect my cdrom anymore. When I plug out my PNP sound card cdrom is detected just fine.

What can I do to solve my problem?

Thanks in advanced.

I set it to CS. All hardware are seto to autodetected. I don't have option to set it manual. When I plug soundcard i get ide drives screen sith this information

primary slave not installed
secondary master not installed
secondary slave not installed

and when I plug out the sound card, cdrom is detected (but then i don't have sound)

secondary master atapi cdrom

First Chang the jumpers on the drives to their actual position eg. Master/Slave ; CS can cause problems.
Next did you confirm Plug and Play sound card's compatibility with your older MB's bios ?

Onboard soundcard is disabled and I plug in ess1968 Isa PnP sound card. I also remove modem. When I plug in soundcard CDrom doesn't work again. (Bios cannot detect it, and also windows cannot detect cdrom). I try to manual install cdrom in windows and i have no success.
SOundcard is OK because it works but then i don't have cdrom.

I try all possible combination with jumpers and still nothing
CDrom only work if I remove soundcard.

You need to check the Mb support site for compatibility with PnP . There may be a bios update that handles this as PnP was not always supported with older hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back