Cdrom not detected =[

Status
Not open for further replies.

akabubblbutt

so i just got my motherboard back and put everything back together; everything works fine but the cdrom is not detected. i went into the bios and checked if it was being detected but it wasnt. it says primary ide slave not detected; if someone could please help thatd be awesome thanks.

check the jumpers settings.

data and power cables secured properly?

does the drive light up when you turn it on?

jumper settings?

umm the only things that i have connected from the cdrom is the ribbon cable and the power cable and both are securily connected

and if i change the primary ide slave to cdrom it gives me some kind of error.
I could be wrong but it doesn't seem as if you understand what a jumper is on an optical drive. Look at the back of the optical drive and look for a tiny plastic/metal bridge (jumper). There should be some printing stamped on the back referring to CS = cable select, SL = slave, and MA = master. Check this site (click here) for an illustration about 1/2 way down the page.

In order for the optical drive to be recognized, the jumper on the back must be set correctly. How many optical drives do you have? If two, where on the ribbon is the optical drive in question connected?

what is some kind of error?
is that a setting in bios or the jumper setting on back of cd-rom
if set as master should be at end of cable set as slave should be in middle
thats should be I have set them in diff positions and they drives worked fine
never used cable select

i meant in the bios for when i change the primary ide slave to detect only the cdrom. on the cdrom is set to primary slave yet it doesnt seem to detect it. =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back