cdrw not working

By steveandcass
Jan 1, 2006
  1. HELP ME PLEASE!! im trying 2 copy my music 2 cd and the burner that i use says cd recorded but there nothing on the cd. Sometimes it recorded 2-3 tracks then crashes.The cd drive makes a clicking noise sometimes. Anyone have i clue cos i dont .ive got an acer laptop on windows xp
  2. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan TS Rookie Posts: 45

I would try to find a drive for it, and also, clean your drive, because there may be dust or something preventing the CD from copying correctly. Also, what program are you using to copy these CD's?
  3. steveandcass

steveandcass TS Rookie Topic Starter

hello im using NTI Gold cd maker.
  4. cyclonicblade

cyclonicblade TS Rookie

as one has already said make sure the drive is clean and all of your drivers are up to date. if your media player will rip the music to the disk that yau are using then chances are the disk and drive are working fine and you might want to consider another burning program also make sure any programs that the drive uses are turned off when trying to use a burner program windows is bundled with roxio which is notorious for being incompatable with other burner programs and some compainys use DLA which is incompatable with NERO which I use. if push comes to shove try disabling these programs and reinstalling your burner program or switch to nero.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.