Celeron Dual-Cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenharvester

Is it worth getting one of these (E1400 instead of an E2200 or something similar? I am tight on cash btw :evil:

-will it bottleneck my 8800GT?
-is the cache too restricting?
-is it a good OC'er?
-is the E1200 1.6ghz a better choice?

Its performance will be abysmal, but not too bad. I'd still recommend the E2180 as the bare minimum, but if you can't afford it, I guess it won't be too bad. Your performance will be held back though.

well, it would take me a couple of months to save up for the E1400 and probably another to get the E2200. There is a much bigger price difference here though (£34-£52).

LOL, sorry cap, that was posted at 2 in the morning. This should help with the migraine methinks:
zx34ckcfex6msdi6clfkdxylw8.jpg

@Spleenharvester, the E2180 or E2200 would be a far better buy IMO. The choice is upto you however.

Oh, that's OK Rage, when writing in a public forum, It's always the best policy to wear a conundrum. ROTFL

lol
anyway I'm going to save up for an E2200. thanks for the help :)

It actually wouldn't pay to spring for an E2200 unless you were going to run it at stock speed. The E2180 would overclock well past 2.2Ghz anyway. I have an E2200 and I love it, but I'm an old fart who runs it at stock frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back