TechSpot

Celeron Dual-Cores?

By Spleenharvester
Oct 1, 2008
  1. Is it worth getting one of these (E1400 instead of an E2200 or something similar? I am tight on cash btw :evil:

-will it bottleneck my 8800GT?
    -is the cache too restricting?
    -is it a good OC'er?
    -is the E1200 1.6ghz a better choice?

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Its performance will be abysmal, but not too bad. I'd still recommend the E2180 as the bare minimum, but if you can't afford it, I guess it won't be too bad. Your performance will be held back though.

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,700   +1,886

4. Spleenharvester

Spleenharvester TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 47

well, it would take me a couple of months to save up for the E1400 and probably another to get the E2200. There is a much bigger price difference here though (£34-£52).

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

LOL, sorry cap, that was posted at 2 in the morning. This should help with the migraine methinks:
    [​IMG]

@Spleenharvester, the E2180 or E2200 would be a far better buy IMO. The choice is upto you however.

6. captaincranky

Oh, that's OK Rage, when writing in a public forum, It's always the best policy to wear a conundrum. ROTFL

7. Spleenharvester

Spleenharvester TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 47

lol
    anyway I'm going to save up for an E2200. thanks for the help :)

8. seanc

seanc TS Rookie Posts: 88

9. captaincranky

It actually wouldn't pay to spring for an E2200 unless you were going to run it at stock speed. The E2180 would overclock well past 2.2Ghz anyway. I have an E2200 and I love it, but I'm an old fart who runs it at stock frequency.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.