TechSpot

Cell phone ?

By joshcheste1
Feb 2, 2007
  1. If I bought a cheap razor off of ebay and it said it was for verizon, could I plug in a cingular sim card and it work regularly? Thx Josh

2. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

It would probably be SIM-locked so no.

3. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

Verizon Phones don't use SIM cards.

4. giyad

giyad TS Enthusiast Posts: 59

It sounds to me like your phone is locked to Verizon. When you buy a phone from ebay make sure it says its unlocked, or buy one from your provider. There are ways to unlock your phone, I have never done it personally though. This means that as long as it is locked you won't be able to use any other provider. I suggest researching ways to unlock the phone or try ebay even.

5. JesseM

JesseM TS Enthusiast Posts: 219

As fastco said, Verizon cellphones don't use sim cards. It wouldn't work with Cingular even if you unlocked it.

6. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Ohh, oops...at first I though you're talking about a shaver. I was kinda thinking...this guy is a real noob...whoops

7. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 8,946   +586

having spent many hours researching Cell Phones for a trip to Europe,
    the answer is not self evident. Unlocking domestic phones is a nightmare;
    not how to, but the goofy service you end-up with.

There are no @@#$% questions; only @@#$% answers :(

8. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Sorry if I was unclear, I didn't mean that he was a noob. I thought that at first, when I thought he was talking about a shaver. now I know he's not :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.