TechSpot

Cell phone ?

By joshcheste1
Feb 2, 2007
  1. If I bought a cheap razor off of ebay and it said it was for verizon, could I plug in a cingular sim card and it work regularly? Thx Josh

2. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 638

It would probably be SIM-locked so no.

3. fastco

fastco TS Rookie Posts: 1,511

Verizon Phones don't use SIM cards.

4. giyad

giyad TS Enthusiast Posts: 146

It sounds to me like your phone is locked to Verizon. When you buy a phone from ebay make sure it says its unlocked, or buy one from your provider. There are ways to unlock your phone, I have never done it personally though. This means that as long as it is locked you won't be able to use any other provider. I suggest researching ways to unlock the phone or try ebay even.

5. JesseM

JesseM TS Enthusiast Posts: 259

As fastco said, Verizon cellphones don't use sim cards. It wouldn't work with Cingular even if you unlocked it.

6. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Ohh, oops...at first I though you're talking about a shaver. I was kinda thinking...this guy is a real noob...whoops

7. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,515   +336

having spent many hours researching Cell Phones for a trip to Europe,
    the answer is not self evident. Unlocking domestic phones is a nightmare;
    not how to, but the goofy service you end-up with.

There are no @@#$% questions; only @@#$% answers :(

8. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Sorry if I was unclear, I didn't mean that he was a noob. I thought that at first, when I thought he was talking about a shaver. now I know he's not :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.