TechSpot

Censored posts.

By Moimit
May 20, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. hey everyone. i was wondering what type of control is used for improper posts?. recently i posted on the new sp2 for xp and about how it tries to stop piracy. i had posted a website address and cd key on there as a test. after some time today i decided to remove it myself. should someone be notified if an improper post occurs?. should there be a list of things not to post. and if infringed a punishment occur?. just an honest question. if you had time to read the post i said i have a pirated copy of windows where infact i don't. i found the key on a website when i typed in "xppro key" on astalavista and bam it came up. should my post have been totally removed?.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,594   +352

3. Moimit

Moimit TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 136

My Bad, Nice to see someone listening

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,605   +110

Also there is a "report post" button displayed with every post so if a reader sees something that shouldn't be posted they can report it to all moderators with the click of one button :D

5. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

I actually had a look at your link and decided it could stay...

Though it was on the line so to say...

We read all news comments and edit them as necessary (just like the rest of the forum..)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.