CEO loses his job after posting that he will kill Donald Trump

midian182

Staff member

No matter how you feel about Donald Trump, publicly threatening the life of a President (or a President-Elect) is never a good idea – especially if you’re the CEO of a large tech company. Matt Harrigan can attest to this; the now former head of cybersecurity firm PacketSled handed in his resignation after writing that he would “kill the president. Elect.”

Harrigan was one of many people unhappy about Trump’s recent victory, and expressed his feelings in a series of messages on election night that were part of a private thread on his Facebook page. Unluckily for him, someone captured his rants by screenshotting the posts.

In addition to the direct ““I’m going to kill the president” message, Harrigan also asked the secret service to “bring it,” before writing: “Getting a sniper rifle and perching myself where it counts. Find a bedroom in the whitehouse that suits you motherf***er. I’ll find you.”

Harrigan proceeded to tell the US exactly what he thought of it – “In no uncertain terms, f*** you America. Seriously. F*** off." He then appeared to turn into Ron Burgundy: "Really San Deigo? Trump? Go F*** yourself San Diego."

After the screenshots popped up on Reddit and various websites, Harrigan issued the following apology.

My recent Facebook comment was intended to be a joke, in the context of a larger conversation, and only privately shared as such. Anyone who knows me, knows that I do not engage in this form of rhetoric with any level of seriousness and the comment most certainly does not represent my real personal views in any regard. I apologize if anything that I said was either taken seriously, was offensive, or caused any legitimate concern.

Best Regards, Matt Harrigan

But it seems PacketSled and its board of directors failed to see the funny side. “Once we were made aware of these comments, we immediately reported this information to the secret service and will cooperate fully with any inquiries,” the company wrote in a statement. One day later, the board accepted Harrigan’s resignation.

This isn’t the first incident of public figure getting into trouble for threatening to kill Trump. A UK journalist, Monisha Rajesh, faced a barrage of criticism and was forced to delete her Twitter account last week after tweeting: “it’s about time for a presidential assassination.”

Permalink to story.

It's time we as a nation came together to build a time machine to assassinate Hitler - the one thing we all agree on. Well, almost all of us.

It's time we as a nation came together to build a time machine to assassinate Hitler - the one thing we all agree on. Well, almost all of us.

No need to assassinate Adolf, just get him into art school.
He didn't get as far as art school but he did think his paintings would ace his entry into it. Sadly (not really) he found his homeless *** on a park bench for a long while, just where it should've stayed. Sadly (really) it didn't. Ugh!!!

Ok so, we've heard enough about "public" figures who have taken it a bit too far to be all "I didn't mean it" or "I never thought it would go this way".

It would've been more feasible his account was hacked or left open at an Apple store... you know... those guys also hate Trump apparently lol. Although him being the CEO of a cyber-security company, it probably would've done more harm.

No need to assassinate Adolf, just get him into art school.
He didn't get as far as art school but he did think his paintings would ace his entry into it. Sadly (not really) he found his homeless *** on a park bench for a long while, just where it should've stayed. Sadly (really) it didn't. Ugh!!!

He tried twice to get in and was rejected both times. If I recall correctly, his depth perception in his art was lacking.

Well, at least Hitler made the railroads run on time! Hm, or was that Mussolini...? :confused: :D

Probably a SJW. They are all deranged people.
Only if he started running his yap, long after Hillary conceded

Last edited:
Trump doesn't know himself, whether to attack or to surrender...

Surrender!

maxresdefault.jpg

No, I give up!

ap_donald_trump_cf_160303_16x9_992.jpg

Surrender!

trumpshoot.jpg

Oh, I give up!

AP_trump_nra_as_160520_12x5_1600.jpg

Surrender!

trump_finger_gun-800x430.jpg

I give up!

hjmhu0nde6io3uxqjxof18tor2-3g2mz-xlarge.jpg

Oh, screw it!

trump-finger-gun.jpg

@davislane Why didn' you embed that? Oh well, carry on!

Didn't compose the post in forum mode.

Please tell me you stumbled across that video and did not specifically search for it. lol

There is no searching for salt after the victory of God-Emperor Trump. It literally falls from the sky, as if the Dead Sea were thrust into the heavens and now rains down upon us.

How did a chump like this even land the position of CEO if these "impulsive" tweets are anything to go by. What a dork.

Um, Trump has literally done the same thing and gotten away with it. His twitter account is not free of impulsive posts. Not to mention the video tape released of him he passed off as locker room talk.

Um, Trump has literally done the same thing and gotten away with it. His twitter account is not free of impulsive posts. Not to mention the video tape released of him he passed off as locker room talk.
That's one of the differences when you become the president of the united states of murica.

Back