Certain Internet sites not opening, 'kernel32.dll' change

By andehpandeh
Aug 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I've been recently having some problems getting onto certain websites and playing embedded media, like YouTube. I can't log onto Hotmail and I can't visit Wikipedia, and other random sites. Also, my AVG Anti-Virus only picked up a 'kernel32.dll change' - I was wondering if that's bad?

I've done all the 15 steps...

I've posted a HijackThis! log below. Thanks in advance for all your help. :)

Nevermind, fixed it. :)
  2. andehpandeh

andehpandeh Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

Just revitalising this thread, I don't have problems with embedded media but I do with starting up MSN, logging on to Hotmail, and also going on some other Internet sites...still. Could you guys please help? :(
  3. andehpandeh

Norton isn't currently running anymore, I turned it off autorun because whenever my computer logged on I got a message saying it needs to be reinstalled.... :S

Should I just uninstall Norton? I have AVG...

And why would this happen now when it hasn't happened in the last 2 years...?

4. andehpandeh

Adaware is fantastic. Why uninstall it?
  5. andehpandeh

I have Mozilla, I don't like IE, sorry.

There is no Norton icon.

Okie doke, I've uninstalled Adaware and am in the process of deleting Norton.

But why is it happening now?

And why do I have a 'change' in kernel32.dll?

EDIT: Omg, the Adaware uninstall worked....thanks man o_0...wow, maybe that'll solve the slow internet on my other comp...thanks a load :)
  6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

I'm sorry you let's one person experience convince you to uninstall AdAware- I've been using it for about 8 years with no problems. It's a good program.

Many times when a user doesn't like a program it's because it hasn't been installed correctly or configured correctly.
  7. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.