Change and remove programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i am very new to computers and i have come up with a problem in removing a virus program put on through the internet by one of my grandchildren. This pop-up keeps coming on the computer and i have to restart to get it off the screen.
can someone please help in simple terms for me to follow
this would be very much appricated

You might find it helpful to search for the free downloads of MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Windows Defender as spyware removal helps... or Advanced System Care, or the usually paid versions of Spy Sweeper or Spyware Doctor.
Then for Viruses, select the free or paid versions of Alwill Avast or Avira Antivir.
Run one Antivirus, and at least two spyware programs. Then reboot and run them again. This will take a long time.
Then let us know what was found.
Good luck to you and your grand kids.

For viruses and malwares I suggest PCTools Threatfire and Windows Defender.

Boot your PC in Safe Mode [Press F8 after powering up your PC] and do a full scan.

We remain convinced that PCTools threatfire should not be in the top tier of removal tools. Windows Defender sometimes works well on certain evils, but certainly must be used in concert with other tools.
We recommend Avira Antivir, Avast, Kaspersky, Nod32 for virus infestations, and Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes, Security Essentials (for VISTA), and Advanced System Care 3, for the really difficult infestations.
On top of that, the invasions and advertising from PCTools more than defeats any good that it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back