Changing hard drive location

By rev_olie
Dec 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi
    recently i put in a new DVD rewriter in my pc wich changed the driver location of my removable hard drive :eek: . It has 1900 artist on there wich are all in itunes and i dont want to change the locatinn of the songs and so is there any way of changing the location of the hard drive from :F to :G. Some one said there was a way of doing it from the administarative tools in control pannel. Please say if you know a way of changing it. My career depends on you!!!!!!.:(
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

The easiest way is to right click on your "my computer", select manage, then storage, then disk management. Then just right click and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.

What i tend to do is set say my cd burner to z then arrange the hard drives as i want, then change the burner from z to the lowest available letter - as an example.
  3. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

In Windows XP, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Manqagement -> right click on drive letter -> Click on Change Drive Letter and Path.
  4. rev_olie

rev_olie TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 598

ooo nice 1 thanks u saved my life literally
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.