Changing Icon etc.

Maurice

Could you please tell me how to change;

[1] My motif [icon?] can I do that yet? I am now a member, [would like an animation, as I have on GamesTalk as a newcomer to that site]

[2] I would like to substitute my name with a pseudonym

[3] Iwould also like to substitute my "signature" with a quote

Instructions please,.......Thanx

Can I say that I've just noticed that the site clock is now correct, great stuff. No doubt it will be an hour out when BST kicks in soon, I realise that you can't cater for all the time zones across the globe.

At the top of the page you see a "User CP" button. Under there you go to Edit Profile or Edit Options to change whatever you want.

Thanx yet again, Nodsu, you've become my greatest help, after our "spat"........ friends now?
I think I've amended most now,....shall see when I've viewed this latest post, I say "most" as I clicked on a new avatar, & nothing seemed to happen.[???]
Incidentally, I am getting a LOT of notices. ie;- "xxxxxxxx has encountered a problem & needs to close" etc.
I get notices like these come up in a lot of areas;- IE, Outlook Express, Hallmark Cards, etc., etc.
Can you tell me what you [all] think the reason for this is? I have Windows XP [probably the root of the problem?]

Did you try to select an avatar from the TS selection? You have to mark the radio button next to the avatar and then click "submit changes" at the bottom of the page.

As for those Windows errors.. It can be anything from hardware to spyware. All I can suggest is the usual reviewing the changes that you have made to your system lately and a thorough cleanup of viruses, spyware, junk/unused programs.

Nodsu, I went to the Avatar list with no radio buttons, [by clicking on "more info"]
Thanx, it should be OK now.

so when you become a member you can choose any avatar you want even if it is your own custom on? now thats what im waiting for. i cant wait to be a member!

Yep, Bloodraven, I too felt great when I became a member, this is a VERY good site, they've helped me out many a time, since I joined as a newcomer, nearly two years ago, I go nowhere else on the Web for advice.............It's one big [& I mean BIG!!] happy family, they all dig in to help, one query gets you loads of e-mails with replies!
I guess "AZ" is Arizona, pretty hot, huh?, I live in England......not so hot [temperature wise, that is], you want to look up the other guys profiles, very interesting, you can also go to a gallery, & see photos of them & their rigs, let me know how you get on, & welcome to TechSpot!
Maurice
Oh, by the way, you can have better avatars, when you get enough posts to go to the next stage after "Member", even animated ones, hurry up & make those posts!

Yup Az is Arizona. In case you are not aware of, BloodRaven, you get a new set of avatars everytime your rank gets promoted.

Hi again Young&wild, that's more or less what I said, told him about the "gallery" too, thought he'd [he? she?] would liike a look at your handsome faces!
P'raps you can help me, how would I display a photo or other image, when making a post?, bearing in mind that I have a scanner, but no digital camera, [we're a little behind in technology in England] or at least I am!
I am still fairly new to the game, as you probably remember, I know how to send an image to "My Pictures" of course, but where do I go from there, what's the procedure?
Maurice

Once again my apologies to you Maurice, for repeating what you have mentioned early on.

Do you mean posting a picture in the gallery?

If so, click on the "Gallery" tab which is inline with the "User CP" tab.

Look out for "upload photo" which left of "log out" in the navigation menu. Click on it

Choose the category according to the type of pictures you will post.

Next click on the "browse" button to select the pictures you want to upload.

Go to the directory where you stored your pictures which in your case is "My Pictures" folder.

Select the picture file and click on "Open".

The rest of the fields(photo description, etc) should be self explained.

Click on "upload/submit" and wait for the picture to be uploaded. After that you're done.

If you are referring to how to post your own pictures in the threads, you'll most likely need website hosting of your pictures and an ftp program to upload your pictures to your web space. I m not sure if there are still websites out do who offers free web hosting and image hotlinking. You can ask around though.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, Young&Wild, just the info I need, very grateful.
Don't apologise,I wasn't criticising, just pointing it out, 'preciate your politeness & clear / concise way of explaining, [as you know, I am an "old guy" & have a liking for correctness, probably sounds "stuffy" to you young'uns] there are one or two on the site that could learn lessons from you! [mentioning no names]........I don't reckon that you are a bit like your TS name, go on, admit it!
Thanks again,
Maurice

Back