Changing IRQ

By NV30
Sep 28, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm having some problems with my GF4 Ti4200 128MB card. Visiontek recommends IRQ #11, but by default it's on #16. How do you change the IRQ?

System:

1.7Ghz P4
    GF4 Ti4200
    512MB SDRAM
    Intel D845HV

Thanks a lot
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

You can either change it from within Windows' (assuming you're using it) Device Manager, or your BIOS. Consult your documentation for instructions to do it from your BIOS.
  3. NV30

NV30 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 339

Hmm, I'll try it. But I don't think I have any documentation.
  4. Vehementi

In that case, check it out in the manufacturer's website, which is here -> Intel D845HV
  5. NV30

Thanks I'll give it a try.
  6. JAV

JAV Newcomer, in training Posts: 264

When it is first starting up > hold down F8. That should get you into a dos screen. Use your arrow keys to go over to the 4th (I think) tab. Open it & look for PCI settings or such. In there will be a window with your IRQ assignments. You can change them with the arrow keys.

It has been awhile & I can't remember exactly which tab, etc. but I know that is how I change mine.

HTH,
  7. NV30

Thanks JAV! I'll try it out. :)
  8. NV30

OK, I get PCI IRQ (? I think that that's what it was) #1, 2, 3 , and the priority selections are IRQ #9, 10, and 11. What do I select? It's currently on Auto.
  9. Vehementi

Didn't you want it on #11?

Really, you should use Windows' Device Manager. Just find your video card, right click to properties, and then the resources tab. You can change it there, and it's much easier :p
  10. NV30

Well I wish I could do it, but the option is grayed out.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.