Changing motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crpnobbs

hope you like a challenge?

I just got myself a newboard (asrock k7s41gx)

The problem is that when I restarted the p.c, I got nothing - not even the beeps.

Now I know that everything in the p.c is working and I did get the shop to check the new board and memory - so where do I o from here?

The engineer from the shop thought it might be a short somewhere but I have stripped the p.c down to its bare bones, cleaned it and wiped it down. Still nothing. I leave the floor open to you.

Old board was a GA 72 X
Processor AMD athlon 1g
New mem DDR400.

disconected all other hardware, so its just the board that gets booted.
Power supply: Int Art, cant remember what it runs at but it still runs into system.
Strong enough to run the last board, didn't think it make that much of a difference. (known to be wrong)

Are you shorting the case power switch pins? It won't turn on outside of the case if you don't short those pins on the mobo connector. Some mobos won't turn on unless they sense the HSF connected too. (CPU fan).

Try clearing the cmos, your mobo manual will tell you how!!!

To test the psu independently, unplug it from everything and short the green wire to any black on the 20 way plug. It should power up, if not its faulty.
This is only an off load test and wont prove that the psu is %100 but if it fails to power up then its %100 had it!!!!

Is the bios battery near that, cos if you are lucky you may have just shorted the battery and the mobo may have survived!!!

Its a possibility, nothing more!!!!

Have a very thorough look in the area for any damaged components!!!

Take a picture and post it here if you are able, if you find anything!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back