Changing My Windows XP Help Plse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there i was wondering how i can change my current copy of windows that i found out wasnt legit and get my legit copy that i have installed onto my pc without the need to format the pc and i have alot of data cutomising and various other things done to my windows.I was wondering if anyone could help me or guide me to a website that would help me change my windows to my legit copy and have the same settings remain no changes and that way i can then validate my windows and get the updates.Thanks in Advance

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unfortunately, I don`t think there`s any way you can do that without a format.

Even if you could run a windows repair, it would get rid of your customising.

Maybe it`d be better to back up your important data, bite the bullet and reformat.

I know this is not what you want to do, but it`s probably for the best.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Edit: It appears you can actually change your licence key. See Didou`s post below.

windows genuine advantage validadion

HI, the windows genuine advantage problem can be fixed by microsoft, if you follow the instructions that they give when you get the message that "your copy of windows is not genuine".

you will see that they supply a windows transformation package that will transform your copy of windows into a genuine one.

It obviously comes at a cost (94$us and about 194gbp i believe).
your data will then remain unchanged.

However there is still a possibility that your installation is genuine because there has been several issues with activation and WGA where genuine installations come up an not genuine and can be solved by your Reseller or a phonecall to microsoft.

On the other hand you might be aware that your copy is not genuine and are avoiding proper licensing!, you can obtain fixes, but this site does not support mebers partaking in any illegal activities. so its best to stay legal.

hope this was of help

Just a note; I found some software that will read and let you change your WIndows Key if anyone is interested. It does work and is very simple to use it's called XPKeyFinder.

This will work also it's called Rock XP

http://www.korben.tk/

Can be done that way. But you still need to obtain a Valid product key from microsoft or obtain a still working key that has not reached the maximum allowed activations. after max allowed activations any such key will appear on the blacklist of stlole or banned product keys.

(still theft i believe?)

Info was given to me by microsoft support employee.
If it was that easy i would make bundles validating counterfiet installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back