Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an hp g60 235 dx notebook pc with os vista home premium 32 bit. I installed a creative usb sound blaster x-fi go sound card. What I want to do, and can't, is to be able to switch to playback from either the notebook internal speakers or from the sound blaster card speaker output. The same for recording inputs. Be able to switch to either the notebook mic, the card mic input, or "what you hear" which is a recording input installed with the usb sound card. So my question is can I change from one device to the other and how??? I have gone to control panel-sound where I see icons for each device and which device is selected and see it operating but I can not get it switch from one device to another device. If I click on a device icon to select it and then hit set default it will put a check by that device icon and if I turn power off and restart it will switch .... something I don't want to do every time. The "apply" button never activates.Should I be able to switch devices?? If so how do I get it to work?

this is what i usually did to switch between sound output:

connect my USB speaker / soundcard, and set it as default. if i want to use my laptop built-in sound then i just disconnect the usb speaker / soundcard it will switch back to laptop speaker. but before disconnecting it i must close any media player / application which produces sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back