changing Temp folder in windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

renakuajo

How do i change......

want to change temp folder and programs folder to separate partitions, how i do that on windows ME???

It's most likely in the tweak guides available here -> TechSpot OS Tweaks & Guides

I would've taken a bit from the guides & posted it here but you might find a lot of usefull information in those guides so I'll let you enjoy them.:)

You can also use a program such as Powerquest's DriveMapper to move your programs folder to another partition.

I believe that you could copy the files in windows explorer (provided all files are shown, nothing hidden including hidden files and windows configuration files, etc, therefore EVERYTHING) and then use tweakUI. You would have to change the path of shortcuts very likely, and I am sure that there should be many things you would have to reinstall.

If you are running out of space on that partition you can always create another Program Files directory on another partition and then just use that from now on, but probably the best solution is to resize the partition with partition magic or drive image....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back