Changing the CPU of a Twinhead A5000

By Andro
May 26, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just been given an old Twinhead A5000 laptop and i want to change the CPU. I took the lappy apart and it has a socket 370 celeron 600 (66mhz fsb). I shoved an PIII 850 (100mhz fsb) and it came up as a 566, which i guess is 8.5 x 66 so the fsb hasnt changed. I took out the cpu again and noticed 2 sets of 4 jumpers. I took a note of the jumpers and managed to loose it.. but they were something like on/off/on/on and on/off/on/off (seems right but on's could be off's).
    Does anyone know what i would need to set them to in order to enable 100mhz FSB?
    Thanks
  2. mbluhm

mbluhm Newcomer, in training

Twinhead A5000 switch settings

I have a A5000 that had a 650 cpu in it. The switch settings were:
    Left switch off off off on
    Right switch on off off off
    I put a 800 cpu in and the switch settings are the same. It is recognized as a 800 cpu and 100 fsb.
  3. xbronx

xbronx Newcomer, in training

Does anyone know where I can get the instructions on how to change the cpu on a Twinhead a5000? Any recommendations on where I can get a fan? Thank you in advance.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.