Changing the view in Office 2007 to something less obnoxious

By Karmashock
Nov 9, 2007
  1. The layout and interface in office has been consistent since practically the first version. That is until 2007 when they suddenly decided to change everything.

Is there anyway to get a more conventional interface in 2007? Because I'll just stop using it entirely and go back to 2003 if it isn't fixable. I looked through the options but I couldn't find anything.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

3. Karmashock

Karmashock TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 223

wow, you mean there isn't some button I'm missing and MS really changed the interface with no means to opt out of it? They've been pretty good in Windows of letting you turn all that bs off and going back to basics... even in vista. But if I seriously need to buy something to fix this... well... I'm annoyed.

In any event, thank you... *curses MS with toe fungus*
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Why did you feel the need to get the new version anyway ? The saying works for you as well:"if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it".
  5. Karmashock

Karmashock TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 223

I got a discount on it and figured "why not"... The interface being turned into a Fisherprice toy was not listed as a "feature" on the box. At a certain point these interfaces are just insultingly stupid. I still haven't got over the dog in XP's search box... Stop making cartoons... just provide a useful bloody interface!
  6. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

I believe Microsoft has been promoting that new ribbon interface quite a bit over the last few months.
  7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

From Didou's Microsoft Link:
    It is probably one of those things that once you take the time to get used to it you'll wonder how you ever dealt with the old interface. I think there was quite a lot of research that went into the change (I was at the Launch Event in St. Louis for Office 2007).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.