Changing the view in Office 2007 to something less obnoxious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmashock

The layout and interface in office has been consistent since practically the first version. That is until 2007 when they suddenly decided to change everything.

Is there anyway to get a more conventional interface in 2007? Because I'll just stop using it entirely and go back to 2003 if it isn't fixable. I looked through the options but I couldn't find anything.

wow, you mean there isn't some button I'm missing and MS really changed the interface with no means to opt out of it? They've been pretty good in Windows of letting you turn all that bs off and going back to basics... even in vista. But if I seriously need to buy something to fix this... well... I'm annoyed.

In any event, thank you... *curses MS with toe fungus*

Why did you feel the need to get the new version anyway ? The saying works for you as well:"if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it".

I got a discount on it and figured "why not"... The interface being turned into a Fisherprice toy was not listed as a "feature" on the box. At a certain point these interfaces are just insultingly stupid. I still haven't got over the dog in XP's search box... Stop making cartoons... just provide a useful bloody interface!

From Didou's Microsoft Link:
The goal of the Office Fluent user interface is to make it easier for people to use Microsoft Office applications to deliver better results faster. We’ve made it easier to find powerful features by replacing menus and toolbars with a Ribbon that organizes and presents capabilities in a way that corresponds more directly to how people work. The streamlined screen layout and dynamic results-oriented Galleries enable users to spend more time focused on their work and less time trying to get the application to do what they want it to do. As a result, with the Office Fluent user interface, people will find it much easier and quicker to produce great looking documents, high-impact presentations, effective spreadsheets, and powerful desktop database applications.
It is probably one of those things that once you take the time to get used to it you'll wonder how you ever dealt with the old interface. I think there was quite a lot of research that went into the change (I was at the Launch Event in St. Louis for Office 2007).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back