Charter Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I don't know where to being.Tried to download Charter High Speed Security Suite.Had it download then a page came up where it won't open the internet so I called Charter and they asked if I deleted all other anti-viruses which I thought I had but MCAFEE did not delete completely.So now the internet wouldn't work and they say I have to reinstall my computer totally lost I know with a disk but can't I just do a reststore back to Sept.12 instead?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Please help Mary

marys1358 said:
Hi Everyone,

I don't know where to being.Tried to download Charter High Speed Security Suite.Had it download then a page came up where it won't open the internet so I called Charter and they asked if I deleted all other anti-viruses which I thought I had but MCAFEE did not delete completely.So now the internet wouldn't work and they say I have to reinstall my computer totally lost I know with a disk but can't I just do a reststore back to Sept.12 instead?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Please help Mary
In my opinion, you lucked out. because the Charter High Speed Security Suite is junk. If it was me, I would turn on Win XP firewall, then try the restore as you mentioned, and get help in this forum if needed to completly uninstall McAfee and Charter High Speed Security Suite, and then install the various free security programs that have been mentioned in previous threads in this forum.

charter comm.

To turn on the firewall would I go into control panel?Doyou think that will work with the system restore?Because Charter was trying to tell me that I have to go into safe mode then put a recovery disk then get mcafee uninstall disk then download charter.
So you really don't care for charter can you explain why because I have it also.

Thanks again Mary

you need the ISP connection data for TCP/IP, and their EMAIL config.
that's all; not one bit of their software :)

this is true for ALL ISP connections, except AOL

jobeard said:
you need the ISP connection data for TCP/IP, and their EMAIL config.
that's all; not one bit of their software :)

this is true for ALL ISP connections, except AOL
I agree with jobeard. I think it is much better that way.

Where would I find the ISP connection data?This is all knew to me.DOes anyone live in southern wi who can help me LOL.I need step be step.You don't think the computer is trashed?

Thanks Mary

one more thing what is WILD TANGENT because that pops up when the computer comes on

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Wildtangent is nasty and should be uninstalled from add remove programmes in your control panel.

Go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread. I`ll take a look and see if your system is clean.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of marys1358 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back