Cheap Computer for World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a good computer that will be able to handle World of Warcraft efficiently with good fps, right now I average 10-20 fps and about 30 in caves and .5-9.9 if its bad. I have been having trouble with this fps and I want a cheap computer (no need for monitor) that can play World of Warcraft better than it does now, since my computer I play it on is maxed out anyway. My Computer Info:
System Model: XPS-Z
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~790MHz
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Page File: 465MB used, 782 available
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
The Video Card -- Name: RADEON 9550
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip Type: RADEON 9550 AGP (0x4153)
DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Approx. Total Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Please help me out here!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I built a Wow computer for my daughter to use, she said it works great.

CPU - Pentium-D 3.4GHz
Memory - 2GB DDR-2 /Dual channel
Video Card - Nvidia 7600 w/512MB onboard
Ethernet - Marvell Yukon 1GB ethernet card
AUSU motherboard
80 GB Hard drive

Ethernet connection will be the gotcha, she is currently running a DSL at 6.15Mb/sec connection.

I think you'd only need an Intel Pentium 4 or Celeron D processor, with a cheap Socket T (LGA 775) motherboard and a slightly better graphics card like a GeForce 6600 to play the game smoothly. But seeing as you won't be able to reuse anything from your old PC (except the disk drives and video card), it'd be better for you to just by a new PC instead. Get a Dell Inspiron or a barebones PC from an online retailer like Newegg.com or TigerDirect.com and upgrade the RAM to 1GB, throw in a new graphics card like a 7300GT or better and you're done.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
A barebones PC from an online retailer like Newegg.com or TigerDirect.com and upgrade the RAM to 1GB, throw in a new graphics card like a 7300GT or better and you're done.

I agree with Rage on that, WoW's system requirements ( http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest ) Are not very high, I play it now with a 7650GT 512mb VRAM and 1gig RAM.

I get around 45+ FPS in a 25 / 40 man raid, 55+ in major cities and 60+ just running around in Outlands, If I had another gig of RAM it'll be alot better but 1gig is good enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back