TechSpot

Cheats for metal gear solid

By ashwa
Apr 11, 2007
  1. hiya ppl..well i am playin metal gear solid (PC) n wud like to know how can i activate the cheats....

have read somewhr on net to Start the game with the "mgsi.exe -cheatenable" command line. what does it means? whrs the command line? thr aint no .ini file either to edit...how can i activate the cheats n whr can i find best cheat for mgs? tnx

2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Take a look HERE.

Regards :wave:

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Ah using cheats for MGS is boring, just play the game like the rest of us :haha:

4. Condor

Condor TS Maniac Posts: 388

heh even w/o the cheat i got bored after few hour of gameplay. Just like in Tom Clancy Double agent :l

i dont like stealth game (unless they're alien soldier type)

5. ashwa

ashwa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

yah tnx for ur help but just need a wee bit more of it...it says "Start the game with the mgsi.exe -cheatenable command line"

actually that is what i want to know...what command line? i cant rename my mgsi.exe as mgsi.exe -cheatenable cuz it wont be an executable file anymore...so what command line is it talking bout...can u shed some light on it pls bro

6. wolfram

Right click the MGS Solid icon, select properties. Now on the "Target" line, write after mgsi.exe -cheatenable, then click "Apply", and finally close the window.

Cheats should be enabled now :)

7. ashwa

ashwa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

hey tnx...well was trying in the main folder :D didnt thot of doin it to the desktop shortcut..tnx man!

8. wolfram

You're welcome :)

Regards :wave:

9. jere1994

jere1994 TS Rookie

wolfram, can you post me pictures how to do that "Start the game with the mgsi.exe -cheatenable command line"

Im from Finland but i dont understand that message sorry :(

10. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

[​IMG]

I know it's not Metal Gear Solid, but it's the best I could do since I don't have it.

Rightclick the shortcut

Click Properties and it should take you to that menu.

In the area that says "Target" after the part that says "C:\program files\[name]\mgsi.exe" put -cheatenable

11. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

I don't see how this could POSSIBLY make the game any funner........

12. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +7

i have beaten this game several times about 4 years ago on the ps1, its soo easy. do you really need to cheat. the story of MGS games are so great. cant wait to play MGS4

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.