TechSpot

Cheats for metal gear solid

By ashwa
Apr 11, 2007
  1. hiya ppl..well i am playin metal gear solid (PC) n wud like to know how can i activate the cheats....

have read somewhr on net to Start the game with the "mgsi.exe -cheatenable" command line. what does it means? whrs the command line? thr aint no .ini file either to edit...how can i activate the cheats n whr can i find best cheat for mgs? tnx

2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Take a look HERE.

Regards :wave:

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Ah using cheats for MGS is boring, just play the game like the rest of us :haha:

4. Condor

Condor TS Maniac Posts: 461

heh even w/o the cheat i got bored after few hour of gameplay. Just like in Tom Clancy Double agent :l

i dont like stealth game (unless they're alien soldier type)

5. ashwa

ashwa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 74

yah tnx for ur help but just need a wee bit more of it...it says "Start the game with the mgsi.exe -cheatenable command line"

actually that is what i want to know...what command line? i cant rename my mgsi.exe as mgsi.exe -cheatenable cuz it wont be an executable file anymore...so what command line is it talking bout...can u shed some light on it pls bro

6. wolfram

Right click the MGS Solid icon, select properties. Now on the "Target" line, write after mgsi.exe -cheatenable, then click "Apply", and finally close the window.

Cheats should be enabled now :)

7. ashwa

ashwa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 74

hey tnx...well was trying in the main folder :D didnt thot of doin it to the desktop shortcut..tnx man!

8. wolfram

You're welcome :)

Regards :wave:

9. jere1994

jere1994 TS Rookie

wolfram, can you post me pictures how to do that "Start the game with the mgsi.exe -cheatenable command line"

Im from Finland but i dont understand that message sorry :(

10. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

[​IMG]

I know it's not Metal Gear Solid, but it's the best I could do since I don't have it.

Rightclick the shortcut

Click Properties and it should take you to that menu.

In the area that says "Target" after the part that says "C:\program files\[name]\mgsi.exe" put -cheatenable

11. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

I don't see how this could POSSIBLY make the game any funner........

12. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,129

i have beaten this game several times about 4 years ago on the ps1, its soo easy. do you really need to cheat. the story of MGS games are so great. cant wait to play MGS4

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.