Check out the cinematic new trailer for Battlefield 1's single-player campaign

midian182

Staff member

Battlefield 1 is almost upon us. And while the recent multiplayer beta got everyone excited at the prospect of fighting other players in a World War 1 setting, the game also features a comprehensive single-player campaign.

While multiplayer is the main focus of Battlefield 1, the story mode hasn’t been neglected. Dice and EA have put a lot of effort into making it a big, cinematic experience that will appeal to those who aren’t as interested in online battles with up to 64 other people.

The game is set in various locations during the War. According to the ESRB rating, as the storyline progresses, players assume different roles in order to complete missions, including a fighter pilot, armor crewman, rebel fighter, and message runner.

Speaking during an interview with Gamespot, Battlefield 1 lead designer Danny Berlin said the campaign isn't limited to tight areas; instead, it “will accurately reflect Battlefield’s open sandboxes” and allow players to take numerous open approaches.

Berlin added that Battlefield 1 has "much more choice and variety than [it's] done before," and features a group of people "dealing with the changing world in their own ways."

Dice revealed its minimum and recommended PC specs for Battlefield 1 last week. An i5 6600K/AMD FX-6350 paired with a GTX 660 2GB/HD 7850 2GB is the bare minimum required, with the recommended hardware being an i7 4790/AMD FX 8350 Wraith and a GTX 1060 3GB/Radeon 480 4GB.

Battlefield 1 launches on October 21 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. If you’re an EA/Origin Access member, then you can get it on October 13. Those who buy the Early Enlister will receive it on October 18.

Permalink to story.

Would have preferred a super hard core, one shot kills attrition style gritty subsistence shooter with a total air of futility and suffering… but then that wouldn’t be a BF game, it’d be WWI…

"Speaking during an interview with Gamespot, Battlefield 1 lead designer Danny Berlin said the campaign isn't limited to tight areas; instead, it “will accurately reflect Battlefield’s open sandboxes” and allow players to take numerous open approaches."

That alone will be a major improvement, but I'll wait awhile after it comes out to see what the richer players that pay full price say ....... LOL

I'm referring to the actual historic event.
Then that can be said about BF1942, BF Vietnam, BF1943, all the CoD games that came out before Modern War, Medal of honor, Day of Defeat, etc.

Until around 10 years ago, you had 'historic' shooters and 'future' shooters. AAA modern didn't exist - and then it became all anyone produced. Now it looks like the genre is finally drifting back to historic, and we can stop with the 'see through walls' BS that sucked the fun out of modern shooters.

"Speaking during an interview with Gamespot, Battlefield 1 lead designer Danny Berlin said the campaign isn't limited to tight areas; instead, it “will accurately reflect Battlefield’s open sandboxes” and allow players to take numerous open approaches."

That alone will be a major improvement, but I'll wait awhile after it comes out to see what the richer players that pay full price say ....... LOL
That'd be a real smart move ;) waiting for the reviews be like 3...2...1

Back