Check out these astronauts having fun with a blob of water and a GoPro

Shawn Knight

Staff member

GoPro cameras have been used to film activities in all sorts of environments and now, the popular action camera can add yet another destination to its resume. I’m talking about space: the final frontier.

The clip you see above came from a trio of astronauts goofing around in the International Space Station. It was part of an experiment in “exploring water surface tension in microgravity” although it just looks like pure fun to me. Trying to get the GoPro out of the water bubble is a real treat.

Better yet, the footage can be viewed in 3D should you happen to have a pair of 3D glasses sitting around.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

This stunt even made a spot on the televised national news. I saw it on the "CBS Evening News". Don't know if the other networks carried it also.

I think the experiment was a splashing success! They proved that in space you don't need balloons to have a water balloon fight. How else could tax dollars be better spent?:cool:

Last edited:
Love it! This is the stuff that makes people want to go into space and advances our society as a whole, plus it lets the astronauts have some fun and chill out for a bit between all the actual science they do.

I think the experiment was a splashing success! They proved that in space you don't need balloons to have a water balloon fight. How else could tax dollars be better spent?:cool:

Jello, a hot blonde and brunette with "natural" appeal, and zero-g impact shots of red and green gelatin cubes colliding with select portions of human female anatomy...on high speed camera.

Some would doubtless criticize the experiment as the sexist objectification and exploitation of women, but no one could question the wealth of information such an investigation would provide the field of materials physics. Even if that doesn't fly with the SJWs and the Feminists, the boys in marketing could spin it as a contribution to breast cancer awareness and practically double charitable donations for the project overnight.

Jello, a hot blonde and brunette with "natural" appeal, and zero-g impact shots of red and green gelatin cubes colliding with select portions of human female anatomy...on high speed camera.
You have to "think pink".

Some would doubtless criticize the experiment as the sexist objectification and exploitation of women, but no one could question the wealth of information such an investigation would provide the field of materials physics. Even if that doesn't fly with the SJWs and the Feminists, the boys in marketing could spin it as a contribution to breast cancer awareness and practically double charitable donations for the project overnight.
Merely change the color of the Jello to pink, and the sexual objectification of women and breast cancer awareness need no longer be mutually exclusive entities. Sew a pink bow on their bikini bottoms to show the Jello duel is for a good cause.(y)

The fashion and cosmetics industries rake in billions each year, doing exactly what? Objectifying women! The people who object most strenuously to that, are the husbands, boyfriends, etc., who are slammed with the credit card debt.

After spending most of their lives girding and decorating themselves so they will present as a potential, "trophy wife", they then spend the rest of it in therapy complaining about it, after indeed becoming one. Life sucks, and then your implants start to sag.

In an issue fraught with hypocrisy, I ask you this, "do these yoga pants make my behind look too big". Meanwhile, everybody is mysteriously silent about the camel in the room.

Jello, a hot blonde and brunette with "natural" appeal, and zero-g impact shots of red and green gelatin cubes colliding with select portions of human female anatomy...on high speed camera....[ ]...

Sports-Illustrated-Kate-Upton-Boobs-ZeroG-anniversary-13.jpg

Here's Kate Upton in a Sports Illustrated "zero G",training mission. Next step would logically be a bowl of pink Jello and a brunette. In the same way you have to learn to walk before you run, you have to learn to float before you can sling Jello and pull hair....

I suppose to keep this on topic, it would be great idea to tape a Go-Pro to her bikini top

Back