Check out this classic 3D Zelda remake for the Oculus Rift

Shawn Knight

Staff member

A couple of game developers have been working to create a first-person version of the 1986 hit NES title The Legend of Zelda. Oh, and did I mention that the game is in 3D? Or how about the fact that it’s a virtual reality remake that utilizes the Oculus Rift? Talk about putting a new spin on an old favorite.

The gameplay and 8-bit artwork are virtually identical to the original with the exception that you now see the world through Link’s eyes. It’s still a work in progress (beta) as only the overworld and first dungeon are complete at this time but the best part is that you can download and play it for free right now.

The full version is expected to drop sometime next month, we’re told.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Kind of reminds me of that local 80-year old Irish granny who uses her new Bugatti Veyron to pick up grocery in her village. No pan intended, it is real, she won a few millions in lottery and now is used by lottery companies for advertisement. This is as stupid as it gets...

This is her...
2hg62rb.jpg

I think there are many ways in which Oculus Rift can be misused just the same.

And as much as I like the technological progress, I don't think that Oculus Rift is a good thing. People will play it without moderation, detaching themselves from reality, which in the long run will lead to serious sickness and mental problems. There is already research data available that supports it.

Last edited:
And as much as I like the technological progress, I don't think that Oculus Rift is a good thing. People will play it without moderation, detaching themselves from reality, which in the long run will lead to serious sickness and mental problems. There is already research data available that supports it.

Lol! Right, because people are not like this now...

You have to love it when people say "there is research data that supports it" and then don't put any links to the "data".

And I still don't get your mental process where the granny winning the lottery and this are in the same page...

Sick!
, I don't think that Oculus Rift is a good thing. People will play it without moderation, detaching themselves from reality, which in the long run will lead to serious sickness and mental problems. There is already research data available that supports it.
Who gives a damn about moderating people's habits? If they can't control themselves that's their god damn problem. There is data to support a lot of things but it doesn't mean sh!t.

Sick!

, I don't think that Oculus Rift is a good thing. People will play it without moderation, detaching themselves from reality, which in the long run will lead to serious sickness and mental problems. There is already research data available that supports it.
Who gives a damn about moderating people's habits? If they can't control themselves that's their god damn problem. There is data to support a lot of things but it doesn't mean sh!t.

I can think of at least 535 people.

For what it's worth, I don't think OR is a good thing either. It's actually quite innovative, and reducing it in status to "good" or "bad" smacks of under appreciation. :p

What? Really? "Missusing OR" is the take away here? Not a single person wonders when Nintendo will squash this ripoff of their IP?

What? Really? "Missusing OR" is the take away here? Not a single person wonders when Nintendo will squash this ripoff of their IP?

This is like saying every tablet is a ripoff from windows ce or palm devices for that matter... this is ages ahead of what VB was.

Back