Check out this full-length CG trailer for 'Street Fighter V' ahead of next week's launch

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Street Fighter V, the much-anticipated fighting game from Capcom, is set to drop next week. In an effort to further fuel the hype train, Capcom has released a full-length CG trailer packed with roughly three minutes of footage.

From the get-go, Street Fighter V will have a basic storyline. Come June, however, Capcom plans to release a proper storyline mode that features more than an hour of cinematic content that'll cohesively tie the title into the Street Fighter universe. Fans are also excited about the fact that all DLC can be earned in-game for free, a refreshing approach to the freemium model.

Street Fighter V lands on the PlayStation 4 and PC on February 16.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I think I may have played Street Fighter on some cheap Chinese cassette console back in the 80's or early 90's, I'm not sure. I think I may have enjoyed it as well. I tended to enjoy playing all games back then, even if they were rubbish.

I was playing Street Fighter II CE with my cousin's 5 year old the other day. If was pretty good and all. I put it in the easiest setting, so that the kid could have fun. Adding a story mode would have slowed the game so much. And I guess that was a good thing of games back then, with the limited memory and limited games that a person owned. People played them, again and again, and dominate the game, learns the ins and outs. Now a good percentage of people just buy game as if they were movies. Play them, watch cut scenes, complete the game, then it's on to the next movie in the pile of un played games. Sometimes less is more, because with less you get to enjoy something deeply, rather than moving on to the next, and not even remembering the game that you played 3 weeks ago.

I agree with you J spot. There are so many games now and so much entertainment. It's easy to switch to a new game, complete it and move on to the next. Games like Street Fighter require significant investment in time to fully appreciate. I remember I used to play street fighting games, like World Heroes 2 Jet, Art of Fighting 1,2, and tons of other SNK neo geo games, that would be so much fun. Now as an adult I don't have that kind of time anymore. There are amazing interactive movie type games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War and so many others that completely submerge you into a virtual hyper-real world. I enjoy those the best. I am looking forward to playing Dying Light The Following, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and the Uncharted Collection when the prices come down a bit. Street Fighter is fun where there are no other options but with so much top class entertainment coming out, it's hard to invest that time. Same reason I stopped playing Dota is the same reason I stopped playing street fighting games including a lack of friends to play with. All my childhood friends have become distant having moved far away and it's hard to meet adults that are willing to bring out their playful fun loving child sides that you can also connect with as an adult.

So much steroids XD

Yeah exactly. Arnold, Stallone, WWF wrestlers and these video game characters were all insanely jacked. You need tons of roids to get to that level. Expensive, unhealthy mentally and physically.

It's great to be fit though. You don't have to be THAT muscular.

Back