Checking for problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

superspot777

Whenever I turned on my computer which is a Sony Vaio, by the way, I would get an error message that says Sony UPnp Framework problem (send or don't send) is that compenent important? Thank You for you input.

It stands for universal plug and play. I would simply go into msconfig and stop that service from running then reboot the computer. That's what "I" would do anyways. Some others here may ellaborate more. I have read before on other forums where some people say its a potential virus, and some say that you need to test your memory for problems though.

do i have to put it in safe to make the changes? It said that only an administrator can. Also now i can't open my ipconfig, ipconfig/all, and reg or regedit won't work.

The fact that regedit won`t work is cause for concern. Maybe your system is infected with malware.

Take a look at this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Your HJT log is clean.

Are you aware that the ipconfig /all requires a space between the ipconfig command and the forward slash?

Hey thanks i'm such an *****. Anyways it doesn't stay up when i click enter flash real quick and goes away. Do you know what fonts are neccessary cause i have around 1000 and need to delete some.

Howard the Man!

you are going to run, then typing cmd, then pressing ENTER? Then when the black screen pops up. You type ipconfig /all right? Sounds like you are typing this in the 'run' field. Hence the reason it "flashes real quick and goes away".

I don`t use extra fonts, so I`m not sure if this`ll help any.

How are you using ipconfig /all?

This is how I`d use it.

Click start/run and type cmd into the runbox and press the enter key. At the command prompt type ipconfig /all. Once you`re finished, type exit and press the enter key.

I`ve already checked your HJT log and it looks fairly clean.

However, you can fix this entry with HJT.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.soccer-training-info.com/

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back