Checksum error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus A8N-E Socket 939
AMD Athlon64 3800
1gb Kingmax ddr400 ram

I'm getting a checksum error when I boot up then it stays at the pci listing screen with a blinking cursor. I've been building computer for a while and this is the first time this has happened. The battery is new so it's not that...anyone have any clues...?

Checksum error

Your pci devices Config in the BIOS Setup are conflicting. Look at what pci devices are loaded and see which one it hangs on loading, remove if it is not an onboard device or reconfigure bios settings relating to that device.

This is what happens.

That's when it tries to boot up from the windows cd. After I push something it'll stay there.

with no cd the cursor just blinks even with a windows install on a hard drive

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 5
MMM This is a strange one:

IS your xp CD iis ok? and your CD Drive is ok?
No insult meant but you obviously tried other boot media IE.. floppy, Flash drive, other another OS bootdisk.

If your BIOS settings are ok or CMOS Defaults.
And you have Cleared CMOS and rebooted.

and are you using a PS2 Keybd instead of USB
as you know if you are using usb you have to have "legacy Usb support enabled in BIOS"

then you need a new MB cause your bios is not reading boot sectors on your hdd of other boot media. because the programming in the bios Chipset is faulty. sorry cant suggest anything else.

pcaceit said:
MMM This is a strange one:

IS your xp CD iis ok? and your CD Drive is ok?
No insult meant but you obviously tried other boot media IE.. floppy, Flash drive, other another OS bootdisk.

If your BIOS settings are ok or CMOS Defaults.
And you have Cleared CMOS and rebooted.

and are you using a PS2 Keybd instead of USB
as you know if you are using usb you have to have "legacy Usb support enabled in BIOS"

then you need a new MB cause your bios is not reading boot sectors on your hdd of other boot media. because the programming in the bios Chipset is faulty. sorry cant suggest anything else.

XP CD is okay, Tried Win 98, Floppy disk, etc...

Actually fixed it though... defective hd... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back