TechSpot

Chieftec case only takes 3 specific psu's

By InsaneMonkeyBoy
Aug 20, 2004
  1. I have my eyes on a new case by chieftec. It's model is Chieftec AX-01SLD-USB Aluminium Dragon. However, it says at www.overclock.co.uk that it only takes 320, 360, or 420W PSU's

How does that work? PSU sizes barely change dont they?. Mine is a 460W Enermax and I was wondering if that will fit?

Cheers in advance, guys

2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Uh ya thats weird.

More Watts doesnt mean the PSU is bigger in size.

My friend has that case, and he put a 480w Vantec PSU in there. Fit like charm.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

4. InsaneMonkeyBoy

InsaneMonkeyBoy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 163

yeah that makes sense...the optional choice of a PSU to go with it.
    hmmm, yeh that probably is the case!!!.........................................................................................................................................(cough).....not even a titter?

Well, anyways cheers. Does your friend like the case? The problem with my current case is that it's SO cramped and cooling is becoming a HUGE problem.

5. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Hes in love with it, but its VERY HEAVY and he goes to lans semi frequently, and man, its a full tower, so its heaaaavy.

6. InsaneMonkeyBoy

InsaneMonkeyBoy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 163

OOO, well mine is heavy enough at the moment, being a aluminum midi-tower but hey the dragon looks real nice, besides the extra weight........i'm still thinking about it. Apparently the front bezel that hides the Drives is made out of plastic :eek:. Does it ruin the effect of the aluminuium look?

I would think it might.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.