Chieftec case only takes 3 specific psu's

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneMonkeyBoy

I have my eyes on a new case by chieftec. It's model is Chieftec AX-01SLD-USB Aluminium Dragon. However, it says at www.overclock.co.uk that it only takes 320, 360, or 420W PSU's

How does that work? PSU sizes barely change dont they?. Mine is a 460W Enermax and I was wondering if that will fit?

Cheers in advance, guys

Uh ya thats weird.

More Watts doesnt mean the PSU is bigger in size.

My friend has that case, and he put a 480w Vantec PSU in there. Fit like charm.

yeah that makes sense...the optional choice of a PSU to go with it.
hmmm, yeh that probably is the case!!!.........................................................................................................................................(cough).....not even a titter?

Well, anyways cheers. Does your friend like the case? The problem with my current case is that it's SO cramped and cooling is becoming a HUGE problem.

Hes in love with it, but its VERY HEAVY and he goes to lans semi frequently, and man, its a full tower, so its heaaaavy.

OOO, well mine is heavy enough at the moment, being a aluminum midi-tower but hey the dragon looks real nice, besides the extra weight........i'm still thinking about it. Apparently the front bezel that hides the Drives is made out of plastic :eek:. Does it ruin the effect of the aluminuium look?

I would think it might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back