China gives Microsoft 20 days to provide explanation in anti-trust case

1. A Chinese regulator has reiterated that it suspects Microsoft has not fully disclosed issues related to the compatibility of its Windows OS and Office software suite, and has given the Redmond-based company 20 days to come up with a written...

Read more
  2. Chazz

Chazz TS Evangelist Posts: 668   +72

China is making their own OS around the same time they steal all microsoft's stuff. You think they'll make their own office suite with it's own integrated professional quality "security features" next?
    spectrenad likes this.
  3. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 475   +153

What next? They'll raid a Coca-Cola factory to try to get the secret recipe? Give me a break, next they'll be asking Intel and other big companies that operate in that country to disclose classified information without a truly good excuse.
  4. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,291   +55

90 percent of the copies of windows used in china were stolen last year. Since they have to pay, they don't want to. They should talk.
  5. Mark Alchem

Mark Alchem TS Rookie

Excuses from China, they want to learn how Microsoft's Windows and Office interact? They want to use it to create their own OS and Word to start their own business. A patent war would be used, I hope Microsoft will pullout all their sales on China. I think China got paranoid and thinking they are being spied again.
  6. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

They should have had the resources to make their own **** several years ago. There seems to be a paranoia regarding technology going around these last few years. Why buy another country's product (that is a company whose home is another country) when you can make your own? After all, everyone loves to reinvent the wheel.