ChipsBnk USB will not format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, anyone got any advice, my USB ChipsBnk Device will ot format, its full bu I cannot access anything. Trid all I know how to do, uninstalled, followed troubleshooter, any help?

I'm having a new problem with my 256 MB ChipsBnk Flash Drive... After doing NOTHING-AT-ALL with it (just adding files as I always did), all of a sudden it locked itself, like entering a "read only" state. I can access all the information stored in there but I can't delete it. A warning apperas saying "device is write-protected" and sometimes it adds "or use another disk". Any ideas? I'm out of space and I don't want to add more files or they might get "stuck" in there....

Since I'm new in this forum, I don't know how I will be warned about a reply for my question, so just in case I leave my e-mail address here:

darkness_emporium@hotmail.com

Any suggestion regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

By the way.... I've tried the HP format tool to format it and it says "deleting files" and all the stuff, but at the end of the process the flash drive is still filled with files and the problem's still present.

Thanks

I found a utility called UMPTOOL which was able to reformat my Chipsbank USB flash drive back to 1GB :0) Here is the link.

www dot e-huashun.com/html/Drivers.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back