Choosing a life partner

If you had to choose a life partner, what would be the most important criteria for yo

• He/She is really hot (looks & more …)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • He/She is a great cook

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • He/She really cares about me

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters
Obviously your not someone who is married or has any idea about what a life partner is all about, there cannot be a single important ciriteria for a life partner as you have to find someone who as a whole fulfills that part of your life that is missing, like a jigsaw piece that finishes a jigsaw puzzle.

Are you trying to decide which girl out of 3 you want to spend your life with by running a poll like this ??

Yes I can say this, I have been married for 14 years, my life partner wasnt decided for me by things like looks or how well she can cook, there isnt and never will be one thing that makes a life partner.

Regards

PS why dont you add a couple of other criteria like "how rich she/he is" or "how big her boobs are"

I totally agree with Ididmyc600! I voted for the 3rd one. But then again there is other criteria. I don't think you "pick" your partner. Things happen for a reason I think! Here I am talking.....I divorced last year! :p

Looks are considered as well. I mean, even if she cares for you. You still don't want someone that is 500lbs. and wants to camp out at the all you can eat buffet either!

I um, I um, I um........

Think that all three are equally important and indispensable. Could this be the reason I'm a bachelor?

'Getting along' is the bottom line.

I think the single most important thing for a marriage is getting along.

She can be an awesome cook, beautiful, smart and love you very much, but if you two don't get along together and have arguments every night, then you're domestic relationship is in bad shape.

Now, getting along encompasses many things.. perhaps you don't get along because she keeps burning the food, because she doesn't show her love or because you keep staring at other girls because she's ugly as hell - but getting along is the bottom line.

You need to WANT to spend time together and work through your problems together. If you can't do that, then every day of your life is a living hell and if you DO stay in the relationship despite this, then you're going to be really, really unhappy. Find someone who you get along with and everything will fall into place.

Again, I'm probably Expecting too Much......

EDollar said:
Can we also add "their family lives in another state"? lol that is always a perk on my list

That almost makes it, but I'm still shooting for; is an orphan, with a considerable trust fund. Again, I'm way single.

Gosh! i wud go in for lotsa compatibility! cuz i need my music,n its loud hehe! Actually my lifepartner has to understand me and vice versa,therez gotta b a lot of love,tolerance,the works!! its not so easy finding a life partner and you cant list out attributes!

I wouldn't mind having a hot girl who is smart ( there is no point in having a hot girl if she is incredibly dumb :haha: ) and plays games like I do :D

Personally I like Burnetts ( spelled correctly? ) over blonde girls ;)

Big boobs, good looking, great in bed, funny, happy, family lives out of state, wealthy, great cook, loves me are all good things to have in a life partner but dumb would very difficult to live with.

I voted looks and the 3rd one if he/she is hot but doesn't cares about you,you wouldn't get on with each other and if he/she cares about you but is a big fat ugly monster then no. so I chose both

Probably an Obscure Reference......

EDollar said:
Ouch, I'm a blonde mister... Lol oh well, at least I have fun with it
The "deaf, dumb, and blind" thing was a nod to "The Who", who in their song "Pinball Wizard", flatly state, "that deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pin-ball". You may read what you like into that analog.

I dated a nice young blonde girl, (way long ago), best girlfriend ever! Some people thought we looked like brother and sister. I know I can't prevent you from reading what you like into that.

Besides, I wasn't making fun of you, I was making fun of him.

Many of my former life partners suffered valiantly through very loud music, that was not to their taste.

The Chances Are.....

Cinders said:
Big boobs, good looking, great in bed, funny, happy, family lives out of state, wealthy, great cook, loves me are all good things to have in a life partner but dumb would very difficult to live with.

Oh, I can't believe you wouldn't take pleasure in besting someone in an argument who had to write out their point of view, or better still by signing. (LOL).
Besides, given your priorities, (I cite the order of qualities you list), you might not hear her anyway for all the installed sound damping.

I went with #3. I have been with women that most would say were fairly ordinary looking but I found them very beautiful beacuse of the type of person they were. For me, looks are a window dressing and personality is a deal closer.

Hmmm.......

I'll tell you what "I,I,I,I,..." want in a life partner. And my partner better gosh darn shut up and LISTEN!

Yes, I know I'm brutal, thanks for noticing.

My listed attributes where in the order they popped into my head and do not reflect their order of importance, but big boobies can be nice! :) Somebody I really trust is most important and has been important for the last fifteen years of my married life.

Both of you have to have a loving, forgiving relationship with a person who is worthy of trust for any relationship to work. Anything else will not last.

Obviously your not someone who is married or has any idea about what a life partner is all about,

Dead wrong on this one.

there cannot be a single important ciriteria for a life partner as you have to find someone who as a whole fulfills that part of your life that is missing, like a jigsaw piece that finishes a jigsaw puzzle.

Quite a few people do fall for others for one reason (some times petty). And that usually ends in a divorce/separation

Are you trying to decide which girl out of 3 you want to spend your life with by running a poll like this ??

Nope. Just trying to inject a little life into this hi tech forum. Been boring for a while.

Yes I can say this, I have been married for 14 years, my life partner wasnt decided for me by things like looks or how well she can cook,

Yeah ? What got you hooked ?

PS why dont you add a couple of other criteria like "how rich she/he is"

Because it is a bloody good (default) criteria (for most).

or "how big her boobs are"

I can afford a pillow. And I can't imagine marrying a cow.

The last one on the list would be me.. I wanted someone who knew me for me not for the way she looks hot to other men or can she cook. I met more than my fair share of young ladies, but those who were married and treated bad have some mental complex at you! Since now you're the new guy in her life. So those type of women you should past, as you wouldn't be happy in the end.

1. Girl should care about you!
2. Girl should know how to cook a good meal when you get home.
3. Girl should know how to clean up the house always

Well 1 is more important... I am set I found the right one 7 years ago and married her! I hope you all find the girl who cares for you more... Looks should be the last thing in your mind!

I find this discussion rather interesting even with the lack of choices in the poll. It's interesting to see what folks say about their preference in a partner, especially when they expand upon the available selections.

A few criteria I have, but not all or in any order, now that I am looking for a new woman in my life:

Confident in themselves
Care about themselves and others in their life
Has friends of their own but still enjoys doing things as a couple
Takes care of their health
Not psycho!
Keeps a neat appearance
Accepts me for who I am and doesn't try to change me
Likes kids (since I have 2 we are a package deal)

Back