Choppy and Stuttery Scrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a problem with my ATI Radeon 9550 AGP video card. Whenever scroll a page horizontaly in internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox it well stutters and jumps it's choppy, this is only when I grab the side scroll bar inthie window, when i use my mouse wheel it is fine.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and that didn't work I installed the latest drivers and that didn't work neither! AHHH it is so irritating :mad: . I tried fidd;ing around with smooth scrolling and some of the driver options but it's sill all jump and stuttery.

I have heard other people with a similar problem but the problem for them is just wrong video card drivers.

So if any of you people could help that would be well appreciated.
thanks
peace

most webpages are designed to avoid horizontal scrolling. what resolution and bit-depth are you running your display at? is this occurring whilst you are looking at a pdf file, of just a plain old htm file?

It happens on a plain html file. when i am on the dell at our house it doesn't do that I don't think, it does it with my onboard video also.

I am running 1204 by 1024, the max resolution. It did it with my other Nvidia TI 4400 card also.

I mean is this normal, and it only happens when i scroll slowly, but it is noticable.

Oh oh oh oh sorry I meant vertical scrolling my bad.
Yes it pretty much only happens when I scroll vertically, I am using a 17" crt monitor and upgrading or moving to lcd so it that might change it a little. I mean it's not drastic but it would a little nicer if I could change it. Do you think it might have something to do with the billinear and Trillinear settings with my video card? Any Input would be geatley appreciated thank you.

does the problem occurr in any other apps? creating an htm file with notepad, saving it to your ahrd drive, and opening it with your browser. do you see the same scrolling behavior?

keep in mind that sometimes this behavior can be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back