Choppy Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitto

recently upgraded of, in profile, and using audigy 2 zs sound card, PCI and I get really choppy staticy sound when I run games with iTunes, any idea

Choppyness is generally caused by lack of processing power. (or too many programs running at once.)

Other times is it caused by not so great codecs.

I'd start by limiting the amount of programs running. Use mike lin's start up editor. (FREE) - just google it.

I tried updating the start up menu through msconfig and I still have 56 processes and I'm still getting choppiness. Odd thing though is that its only choppy when I am using water textures on games but its fine when its not heavy processing. Although WoW, the sound is always choppy. Its a new card with all the updated drivers. Anymore help? Its greatly appreciated.

I disabled several processes and start up programs until it is down to the bare essentials. I tried using onboard sound, updated those drivers, and got choppiness. I disabled the onboard sound, installed the PCI card and I updated those drivers. Same thing. I only get choppiness during World of Warcraft and in some cases of Counter Strike, but it only seems during intense movement or "real life" graphics, such as water reflections. It's fine when im just using Itunes and IE7 or such. I have an AMD 6400+ X2 processor and Im hoping its not lacking in power. Any other diagnostics do you think I could run or troubleshoot? I tried finding any similar problems with my configuration, yet nothing. =/.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back