Chrome 26 beta released with improved spell checking, dev tweaks

By Matthew
Feb 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The stable version of Chrome 25 hasn't even been out for a week and Google has already promoted the next build to its beta channel and plans to roll out a completed version for Windows, Linux and Chrome OS "in...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,680   +870

Finally a useful update
  3. Rippleman

Rippleman TechSpot Booster Posts: 133   +25

I wish they would (could?) tie their web engine auto-correct to the same auto-correct in the browser. the web engine always gets it right and the browser one is no where near as good.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,680   +870

It is all garbage lol. it took a while for MS to get auto correct right in MS Office, but after a while they nailed it (IMO Office 2013 went backwards in terms of autocorrect).
  5. Rippleman

Rippleman TechSpot Booster Posts: 133   +25

Errr.... I meant search engine, not web engine
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,411   +281

I wish their advanced options were a little more... advanced.

Not having the ability to move the temp files directory kind of sucks for me.
  7. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Just way too many releases. Wasn't 25 just released a couple days ago?
  8. No, it was released like an hour ago :p
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,791   +702

If you use Chrome it usually updates automatically but I never notice anything different. As long as it does what it's supposed to I'm happy.
  10. Except for one major issue which Google still hasn't addressed in version 26: the Find command.

The Find command works on standard websites, but not on those with embedded comment boxes. To illustrate an example, here's a link to this website: Chrome App Launcher Comes To Windows. Now type the word when in the search box and the result counter on the right will display three of this search string. If you click Next, it will focus on that search string in the article. However, if you click Next, it will not move focus on the next string which is located in the comment section. It does highlight the searched string though it's a nuisance scrolling down long document to find the highlighted info I wanted. This issue doesn't affect other browsers, only Chrome. I discovered this bug in version 22 and had since submitted a bug report to Google, but so far they didn't address it in version 26 and I doubt they will in future versions.

Note that the bug I discovered in version 22 was actually my first experience with Chrome browser. It's possible this bug has existed in previous versions before I switched to Chrome.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.