Chronic keyboard problem with two different laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've had two laptops so far, one twinhead and one toshiba portege. i experienced keyboard problems with both. the keys would get stuck and i would end up not being able to type anything. i would try to restart the computer but it would make this awful beeping sound (kind of like a particular key getting stuck) and it would refuse to do anything.

for my twinhead, i tried having the keyboards replaced twice. i even had it reformatted once. it would work for a few months and then the same problem would reccur. i finally gave up on it.

with my toshiba laptop, the technician just cleaned the keys and it went back to normal. but problem's back and i have no idea how to fix it.

thecan someone please tell me why i keep on having the same problem?

Stop spilling drinks on the keyboards? :p

Do you work in some peculiar environment with some extra sticky dust or suchlike around?

Could it be that it is some software (malware (keyloggers?)) on your computers making the keyboard go bananas?

thanks for the reply. :) definitely no drinks spilled here.. :)

it could be the sticky dust particles.. i always work outside coffee shops and stuff. but i had the laptop cleaned professionally and it did work for a few days, but now the problem's back..

all my software programs are legit, but how could i detect if there's some malware wreaking havoc on my system? i tried running microsoft anti spyware but it didn't detect anything//

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back