Chronicles Of Riddick: EFBB massive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently got a hold of an EU copy of the chronicles of riddick game. Installed it. Ran the 1.1 EU patch. Tried to play it and got to the trademark screen then it crashed with an error message saying: 'game crashed. would you like a crashlog' or something like that. Tried starting the game from its root directory in the C drive: (Computer> C > Program files x86 > Starbreeze Studios > Riddick >system) and from the system folder and get a Microsoft Visual C++ error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...eeze Studios\Riddick EFBB\System\Win32_x86\SbzEngine.exe

abnormal program termination

This happens after I try all the different SbzEngine.exe files in the system folder.
Ive reinstalled the game and applied the patch over a dozen times now and am still lost. Ive searched all over the web for the past 2 days now finding the same problem but no helpful answer for me. I have an alienware x51, Win7, Nvidia Geforce GT 545 graphics card with updated drivers. Any help to get this game working would be very much appreciated. Cheers!

Sometimes "runtime" errors are caused by malware. (Obviously not always). But it does beg the question, "is the game a disc or a download"?

Which version of Windows in in your computer? If this is an old game, with a newer OS, you might have to run it in a different compatibility mode.

If the game is a download, you check it against the hash sum. And yeah I know, finding the MD-5 or SHA-1 number won't be easy, if even possible.

Its a DL from a friend (its an .iso file). ive tried running in different suggested compatibility modes as well. dont think I have any malware. my computer runs fine and no alerts popped up. as for "hash sum, MD-5, SHA-1 number"... im a little lost there. this is the only game ive had a problem with getting to play on my computer. should I reinstall Microsoft visual c++? thats my only next idea I can think of. I'll run a full virus scan again today just for good measure. thx for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back