Chronicles of Riddick w/ BFG 6800GT 256MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

After installing a new BFG Nvidia Geforce 6800GT 25MB on my pc, the game will not allow me, nor does it display, a resolution option above 800x600. Previously, with an ATI 9800Pro I had that choice. Anyone have an idea? The game looks fine but I'd like the option of upping the eye candy.

AMD Athlon 3200+ Barton CPU
2 sticks of Mushkin 512
Asus A7N8X-E deluxe MB
XP Pro OS

Tks.

It almost sounds like you are using the operating system's generic graphics driver. What driver are you using?

Driver version

Tks Mailpup- I'm using Nvidia's latest (I'm on another pc right now, I believe it's dated 06/2005). My dxdiag shows that to be correct, as well as my monitor's resolution, which is 1600x1200. My monitor has a driver in use dated 06/2001, most likely an old stock one, but I never thought that should come into play. My Monitor manufacturer offers no updates.

Like I said, with my ATI it wasn't a problem. I keep thinking there's an issue with the new card and/or driver, but this is the only game that does this.

OpenGL problem maybe? I use the Riva tool to override 1.3 so I can play the game, but I see no place on the utility to adjust the res.

Frustrating- I'm real curious to solve this one. Thank you.

If you have Nvidia's 77.72 driver, try going back to the 71.89 or earlier version. There have been various problems associated with that driver. I don't know if it is the cause of your problem but you never know.

Riddick Stutters

I've played this game twice and found out that the graphics in the prison yard where you got through all those gates and play the dice game are very jumpy when you revisit the area after going down the mines.

Does anyone else have probs with this and is it common? Is there any known fixes for this g8 game? Otherwise the game plays spotless.

Riddick

I haven't had any of that Champmanfan, then again I'm only playing it at 800x600. Changing drivers didn't help it. I have the same card as you, I what res. do you play at?

Game Res & Patch Link Wanted

Ares said:
I haven't had any of that Champmanfan, then again I'm only playing it at 800x600. Changing drivers didn't help it. I have the same card as you, I what res. do you play at?

I'm playing the game at 1024x768 no bother at all. with shader 2.1. That higher Stencil Shading 3.0 looks great but kills performance. I thought our nVidia cards could play with shader 3.0 because our card was designed for it? farCry plays with shader 3.0 on my PC stutter-free.

Has anyone got the patch for the "Directors Cut on DVD" because the patch aborts saying the file it's replacing is the identical and it then aborts. This happened before actually playing Riddick because I had to reinstall it after the patch made my game files obsolete-unable to play.

PLease post a working patch link that worked for you DVD version only please :)

Patch

The only patch I've come across is the 1.1. I've been searching the web in vain over this resolution issue. I'm just not buying the monitor driver issue because I played at a higher res. with my older ATI 9800 Pro. Dxdiag shows everything is in order. The only change I had to make with the new card was that I had to use Riva Tuner to override that OpenGL 1.3 error. Real weird. Another thing, I don't think I even get a higher shading setting than 2.1 in my options, I guess that falls in line with the resolution problem.

I have the 5-disc install- a hastle to reinstall.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back