*chucks computer* omg i either have a restart virus or a restart problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my updated computer but my other computer runs much faster and i downloaded a thing and then i deleted it because it didnt do anything and the day after it started restarting first 30min. then 15 then 10 then 5 then repedeatly just kept restarting at the first reload screen. lil bout my computer it is a 2000 with antivirus and all that good stuff ok yea. i checked everthing and i removed it so its prob something else and now i cant even run safe mode! but when i wait a day it works and it heats up incredibly fast and i can smell it like a burn smell. plz help any tips or suggestions would be grealy appreciated. go computers .....~not~ puke: *computer* :knock:

Sheesh looks like u have a serious problem. That smell is probably ur chips getting fried by the continuous high voltage pulses through ur mobo. Try opening it up and see if the thermal paste on ur cpu die is still there. If not, clean the CPU die and heatsink, get some paste like Arctic Silver and apply a very thin layer to it. It should be thin enough so that it looks like its barely coating the surface.

I'd guess this whole thing is hardware related. Had you diagnosed your restarting problem earlier, you may have noticed high temperatures that would have warranted an in-depth investigation as opposed to continuing to run your computer.

I'd try some Arctic Silver on your cpu as other posters have mentioned.

Yeah, this is definitely a hardware problem. Your computer is shutting off because it's overheating and triggering the powersupply cutoff. This may sound like a stupid question, but how is your fan running? Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back