CiD Internet Explorer Virus!!! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm only angry because I've been putting up with internet explorer popping open to random websites with annoying tunes like survey club and gummi bears. AArrgh! They always have CiD on the left of the title of the website, I think I must have picked up the virus on limewire but no matter what I try I can't get rid of it. I've tried xoftspy, spyware dr and CA anti-virus/spyware programmes none of which can get rid of it. i don't even want IE on my computer as I use firefox but i can't get rid of it. I found a thread by searching google on your site to download hijackthis and send in a log of a scan. I've attached this and I hope someone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.
Nathan

I am going by your description as I don't process the hijackthis logs:

For the CiD: Add or Remove Programs entry for the downloader and installer for Adware-Lop.

I do note however that you have PartyPoker/Party Games. This is most likely where the infection came in. You can find the program in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. See if this handles the problem.

If it does not, post back here and someone can review your entire hijack log.

Hopefully you realize that using a file sharing program like Limewire leaves you open to multiple malware threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back