Cid is poping up everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste.q

can anyone help I read the thread for lindylou2 and it seemed to be very effective for her however when i tried the same i got know where???

Any help would be really apreciated

thanks

Ste

Hi ste.q, and welcome to TechSpot,

It would be good if you followed all the steps HERE and then posted the three requested logs (see how here).

It would also be good if you added your system specs to your profile as this will also help whoever reads your logs.

Good luck,

Kritius

You should post the THREE reaquested logs back in this post. (no sense creating another for what is the same problem.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Love default global mess] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\great coal love default\new name.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Chin deaf] C:\DOCUME~1\Steven\APPLIC~1\GLUESI~1\Internet Boob Wma.exe

Do you know these?

Also it doesnt appear to be picking up your anti virus or firewall, I didnt see any files in there apart from Authentium\AntiVirus\dvpapi.exe, is this what your running?

Also I think that you should run through the rest of the 15 steps, not just a few of them.

Yeah, I figured that because it was about the same problem momok would possibly just merge the threads so I may as well use the original one.

Hi guys

thanks for that I am still getting my head around using the site at the moment and can only continue with the progress between shifts at work, I think I might be in a little over my head hear however i will persiveer if that even how its spelt im sure its not but you know what I mean.
I posted the threads before reading the other part and am now trying the rest of the steps and will then post th threads properly how dose that sound only one thing I wasnt too shure about was the procedure around the scasns at point 13 onwards in safe mode do all of these scans need to be in safe mode and will it matter that i had to come out of safe mode between scans to download avg antispyware? god I just hope that all this works what a lot of effort for an anoying problem. I do apriciate your help this site is great people are really helpfull i hope i didnt miss the smallprint concerning the billing procedure.!!! lol

sory and in reply to the earlier message i dont recognise those logs but i wouldn't know where i was looking for them anyway. sorry.

Hi

If I have it installed I've never heard of it.
I'm still getting those anoying cid pop ups, Ive got those logs here as well so i'll attatch them.

I just clicked on manage attatchments and nothing happens I'm starting to feel really stupid.

You really dont want the antirootkit to find anything, if it did you would have rootkits and you really wouldnt want them.

How did you attatch your logs?

Did you use the paperclip icon at the top of the reply box? Have a look here for instructions.

They would normally look like this,

Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (13.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: log hijackthis.log (10.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Report-Scan-20080227-093115.txt (508 Bytes, 0 views)

whereas your are just like this

1 log.txt

1hijackthis.log

Report-Scan-20080227-080505.txt

Dont know, just seemed a bit different.

do they not work or something?

I'm not sure why they are different I saved them as and changed the name slightly so that i could identify them against the old ones. what do i do next coz Ive still got these pop ups coming hard and fast....... ?

Is your antivurus running ok? Also the firewall should be installed.

I would then fix the two entries I mentioned earlier,

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Love default global mess] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\great coal love default\new name.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Chin deaf] C:\DOCUME~1\Steven\APPLIC~1\GLUESI~1\Internet Boob Wma.exe

Other than that i dont know, Im not an expert on this, think you may have to wait for Blind Dragon to get back to you, or Momok.

ste.q

i just found those two files on the hjt log ive fixed or removed them should this have gotten rid of cid coz he's stil here! if blind dragon or mimok are around could you please advise me where to go from here?

thanks

Ste

Are any of these in your add/remove programs list?

Browser Enhance r
Brows er Enhancer
Ultimate Browse r Enhancer
Ultimate Browser En hancer
L.O P. Un insta11
L O.P. Un instal1
Live 0n line Portal
Live.0nli ne Porta1

Have a check through and see.

Open the Application Data folder, on Windows 2000 and XP it is inside your user folder in ‘Documents and Settings’, but it’s hidden, so go to Tools->Folder Options->View and turn on ‘Show hidden files and folders’ to see it. There should normally only be files in there not extensions so if there is then post back with the names of them.

You can also reset your homepage (from Internet Options->General) and search settings (Internet Options->Programs->Reset Web Settings), and delete the entries added to your Favorites menu. If you use Netscape/Mozilla you will need to reset the home page (Edit->Preferences->Navigator) and remove the Bookmarks too.

Try that for now then repost with a new HJT log.

@kritius

i have to be up for work in 4 hours so I can't be here long.

The filename NEW NAME.EXE was first seen on Feb 24 2008 in The UNITED KINGDOM.

The unsafe files using this name are associated with the malware group Adware.Lop.

Alternate Names
Window Search
Window Searching
Lop.com
LOP SEARCH
Browser Enhancer
Ultimate Browser Enhancer

@ste.q
If you see any of the programs listed by myself or kritius please remove them from add/remove programs. If so uninstall then follow the on screen instructions -> It will ask if you want to uninstall -> YES then each of the sponsors asks if you want to uninstall ->YES

and finally post this into Notepad
dir c:\windows\tasks\##.job /a h > files.txt
notepad files.txt

Save it as jobs.bat on your desktop. Save it as type all types *.*.

Doubleclick the file jobs.bat. A notepad file called files.txt will be created.

attach files.txt here with a fresh Hijackthis log

hi guys

here are the logs and reports you wanted to see I looked for all those files you asked me to in the add remove list and did not find any of them I'm sure you know allready but cid help is in there and cannot be removed. when i press the remove button it just flickers and nothing happens.
View attachment 29173

View attachment 29174

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove.

Netpumper
BitRoll
CiD Help
CiD Manager
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Zone Media

Reboot your computer into normal mode

Run another scan with Hijackthis and attach a new log

Also what about your antivirus and firewall?

EDIT\ Also can you list the names of the folders in the application data folder?

hi guys

Thanks, Cid help is there but as i said it will not leave add remove when I click the remove button. however I read somewhere that this is a programme that comes in another programme often downloaded so and can only be removed by removing the programme that it came down with so i removed a few things I did not recognise as essential and funny enough it dissapeared i cant remember what i removed now though coz i didnt expect it to work so i didnt take much notice. anyway ive not seen a pop up since and i'm happy as a pig in mud.

hopefully this is now resolved if you know different please feel free to chuck a bucket on my bonfire.

any way you guys have all been great and I will reccomend you to other people you really are good people.

thanks again.

ste

actually there is another thing

this may not be as difficult for you to help me with

I've got nero and whenever I try to burn downloaded copys of my fav tv series like lost or prison break it is allways out of sinc with the voices looking on the net i believe it to be a common problem and else where i was advised to use the convertx to dvd software which i downloaded for free I've downloaded it twice now and find that when it dose a copy the copys are good but it freezes part the way through most of the time and my computer completely locks up and has to be shut down at the mains and back on again to free it up. nero dosen't even cause this is there a good free alternative I can get my hands on ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back