CID pop-ups driving me crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd741

I keep getting CID popups using internet explorer 7. Could someone please tell e how to remove them.

Here is my hijackthis log:

Hi tomd741 and welcome to techspot. =)

Firstly, your HijackThis is outdated; you need to obtain the latest version (see instructions below). The log is riddled with traces of malware, and I have not even seen the ComboFix log.
Also, please Note: Do not copy and paste logs in the future as it is against the rules of the forum. That said,

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. These are a comprehensive mix of steps to remove common malware, as well as provide us logs of your system to look at so we can further remove any tricky nasties.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of tomd741 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for the quick reply
Here are my three logs

EDIT: hijackthis attachment not working, please see below

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Scanned the computer with AVG rootremover and the problem disappeared, along with 6 or 7 other trojans!!!

Hi,

Your problem is far from solved. There are definitely other nasty files residing in your system that still need to be addressed.

I also noticed that your AVG log displays 'No Action Taken' for all the files detected.

I suggest you run AVG again and quarantine the files. Pictorial instructions HERE. Do this after the following instructions.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

CFGTRFGHYUJKIOLKJMNBHGFREDCXSWQAZXDFVG
wosa
CAMP TIME IDLE AUDIO
1 bike

Open your task manager by pressing holding ctrl, alt and pressing del. Alternatively, use ctrl + shift + esc. Go to the processes tab, and end the following processes, if found:

woso.exe
Bore Mess.exe
Hole mpeg manager.exe

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wosa] C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\woso.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAMP TIME IDLE AUDIO] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\softremotecamptime\Bore Mess.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [1 bike] C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1\APPLIC~1\STARTC~1\Hole mpeg manager.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?
O16 - DPF: {85D1F3B2-2A21-11D7-97B9-0010DC2A6243} (SecureLogin class) - http://secure2.comned.com/signuptemplates/securelogin-devel.cab

Close HJT.

Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CSDLGE1LIB.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxCoIn_v4820.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllms.dll
C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\woso.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\softremotecamptime\
C:\DOCUME~1\THOMAS~1\APPLIC~1\STARTC~1\Hole mpeg manager.exe

Run the CCleaner tool that you downloaded previously from our preliminary removal instructions and run the cleaner.

Now, run your AVG Antispyware scan and quarantine all infections.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of tomd741 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back