CiD Popup infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

igglybiggly

I also seem to have the CiD popup problem. Can anyone help me get rid of this please? I have followed the other instructions which involve getting HijackThis and renaming etc. running and obtaining a logfile. I now have the logfile ready to upload to wherever I am instructed to proceed. I am not a techie, so instructions need to be really simple please. Can anyone help me further please?

Hello, igglybiggly, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, upload your 3 logs as attachments to a new reply in this thread and let me know the result of the Panda AntiRootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of igglybiggly only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks Bushwacker for the quick response - I have done the logfile bit - do I need to upload it in this thread? Secondly, I have read all that stuff about deciding whether to reformat or not - I don't want to reformat my hard drive thanks, just get rid of this little critter doing the popups. Do I really have to follow all 16 complicated steps (most of which seem to involve downloading lots of antivirus software and running numerous scans - I have Norton!!)?? Hasn't somebody found an easy way of killing this CiD thingy?

Norton is the worst possible protection for your PC. Do not bother using it. When you're cleaned up I will recommend some software for you to replace the heap of junk that is Norton.

Yes, you have to follow the instructions so that we can see the logs from your PC. Using an array of software allows us to see different things and gives you a higher chance of getting cleaned, as different programs look for different things.

Follow these instructions Virus/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments to a new reply in this thread as well as the result of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of igglybiggly only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back