Classic Doom is King again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnadz

I don't know if anyone knows about the remade doom that utilizes the quake engine. No not Doom 3, the original in complete lush 3-D environments and lighting and gore. YAY! Anyway, you can get it by searching for Kick Start or Doomsday or Doom Remake although to use it, you need the original wad files used in doom. But I do have a question actually.

I have been playing the remade doom with friends for some time now and we were trying to figure out how to do voice chat. Is there some way we can talk to each other through our headsets by just using windows, or would we have to rig something like through a yahoo chat room? Let me know what you know.

~Tnadz

They remade THE classic Doom? I'd definately play that. The old pixelated graphics were horrible. Do you have any screenshots or reviews?

Doom 1, remade?!?!! AWESOME! I am gonna download that very very soon. I still play Doom 1 and 2 sometimes. Still great games. Thank you!

sorry don't have any screens for you just yet. I'm actually pretty busy this week. I'm not sure where the site is for the most recent one that I have but I know that there are at least two. One is called Kick Start and the other (a little more user friendly) is from www.doomremake.com, I think. For the kickstart, I think that it is also called JDoom. I prefer JDoom a little more just because it tends to run a little more smoothly, but you have to install the render packs for sprites and what not which are included on the site. Both are pretty much the same otherwise and let you play with 16 players + bots. Quake like graphics and lighting. They also let you (if you have the wad files) play Hexen, Heretic, Doom 2, Final Doom, TNT and the other add on which I can't recall the name of and I think there was at least another. Anyway that's what I have on it. Good luck.

~Tnadz :grinthumb

There are a couple voice chat programs out there that you can download for free. A lot of people use them on MMOs and such

Hahaha anyone watch Attack Of The Show? They got Doom on their IPod. Aww, I'd do that! Probably put Wolfenstein 3D on it though, neh? Neh? Anyone? :rolleyes: Now that's oldschool.... hahaha

OMFG...doom 1...it's been almost 13 years, and still it keeps on kicking (it's one of the most ancient still-played games I think).

So, now we get to relive the hart breaking story of dead team mates and mars' moons under total cheos (and becoming a hero at the end)...but on a kickass engine...if u ask me, it's bloody moronic...I mean, what took them so long?

here are 3 screenshots from gamespot (this is the second one...liked it best)
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame.php?pid=524287&img=1&sid=

gone downloading...see u all when I finish doom (again)...I'm sure some of u are working on it as I blab.
Neowizard

I got into DoomsDay a few years ago. But I only play Heretic or Hexen even though I got all the Doom games from the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back